lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo electric hill power

Simple man, your cart with its three king-sized 12V batteries is why I stipulated "....a 12V battery that is roughly the same physical dimensions as a 6V battery....".
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
dannyferris
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok, batteries are ordered. Now what I would like to know is what controller would be best for my cart concidering the terrain I will be riding it in is quite hilly? I plan on using this cart for my deer hunting because it's quiet and emmision free. And after having back surgery, I cant handle the rough ride of a four wheeler. That is why I didnt want to get a atv like everyone else uses. There must be a way to make an electric cart handle the hills ans tall grass. I really appreciate all the wisdom of you experts and hope that one way or another I will be able to return the favor someday.
dannyferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Hopefully you ordered 225AH batteries or larger.
Be sure to charge them fully before first use and then break then in properly to get max storage capacity.
Here's how:http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

I suspect you'll be more interested in torque than speed and in a cart with a series wound motor, Amps = Torque.

If stock, your cart has 6Ga cables, a 275A controller, a 75A solenoid and marginal F/R switch.

Just going to a higher Amp controller will help, but doing so will increase the load on the already marginal Cables, solenoid and F/R switch.

After reading about batteries on the website linked above, check out the controller/solenoid upgrade kits, the Heavy Duty F/R upgrades and the Cables.

Also, if you are considering different tires, keep in mind that taller tires reduce torque at the same time they increase speed. (Changing tire diameter charges final drive ratio)

The trick is to figure out what you want as an end result and build towards it. All the component parts have to be comparable.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #14
Waynedizzle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Add another battery so u can flip a switch n have 6 more volts I add to to my 36v g cart
Waynedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynedizzle View Post
Add another battery so u can flip a switch n have 6 more volts I add to to my 36v g cart
I thought you had a gas cart???
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
dannyferris
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have temporarily bypassed f/r switch and solenoid for testing uphill drive and results are the same so maybe it is the controller or motor. I do have and industrial cart in the garage maybe if I swap the motor and controller out of that one I can achive more torque
dannyferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO