lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Autocraft Battery Review - Short Term

Thought I would throw out a review for one of the cheaper batteries out there. The batteries have been on my cart for about 3 months now and are working well. Actually really well I think.

A little about my cart. It is stock other than a D&D motor upgrade, Redline Synthetic Shockproof Gear oil and Welding cable for the battery pack, motor, and F&R switch. Top speed is 27-28ish. It has been up to 33 down a hill, that was fun!

The batteries. Bought them at my local Advance Auto and the counter guy gave me a really good price. After I brought the cores back it was less than $560 out the door. Brought them home and all weighed over 72 lbs. Yes 72 lbs. They have not had a hiccup yet.

Now for the results. Its been so nice outside I took a ride yesterday evening. A really long one at that! My path was all paved and mostly flat. No real long steep inclines at any point. I traveled in total 17.2 miles yesterday. I would say at least 1/3 of that was at full throttle and the rest at part throttle (maybe 13-15mph). As soon as I pulled in the yard from my trip I grabbed the meter and put it across the pack. It was hovering at 49.2 and 49.3 volts. Looking at the chart that is roughly 65% charge left.

So after 17.2 miles I had roughly 65% charge left. I'd say that is pretty good. Who knows how long the batteries will last but short term results are excellent I would say.
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Autocraft Battery Review - Short Term

Sounds great to me! I'm having similar results with my energizer branded tires from Same Club and built by Johnson Controls. Who now also owns/produces optima.
If memory serves me mine weighed 67 ish pounds.
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I think it's more maintenance than anything.

BTW, I have a GE 500 amp controller on the way. Can't wait to put it on and see the difference
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
lmswest
Gone Wild

I meant Sams club..

Why did you choose GE? just curious... Are they programmable like alltrax? I had my alltrax before my motor but the torque with the controller had me flying up a hill that my neighbor only made halfway up!
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

It's not programmable but adjustable. You can adjust total current and acceleration by screws. I chose GE for the price mainly. AC is in my future so I did not want to spend a crazy amount on a controller now.

Tags
advance auto battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car