lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HD f/r...??

Someone told me 'no question s a stupid question, when in doubt,,,ask' so..

I have a PDS TXT 08 EzGo, talking to an online store bout parts, what's needed, what abouts and do I's... the question or statement came up that it would probably be cheeper to sell the cart, and look into a 48v pds...! then the statement of 'you'll need to upgrade the batteries, charger, controller, solenoid, possible motor, cables and an HD F/R..' 'Almost cheeper to just buy a new cart!'

My question is.... I thought having the F/R in the dash, it didn't carry the current the RXV needed to carry... am I right, is the stock forward/reverse selector in my dash adequit for it's purpose???

I'm intending to get the 808 from ScottyB, 2ga cables, find 6/8v batteries or 2 used 6v, and God willin, drive this bitch to my hearts content.... oh ya, upgrade brakes too..lmao..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be that simple, right??? aside from the mounting of the new items, just do to their size difference....

Humbled and Confused,

Big Poppi
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD f/r...??

Wow. So sounds like you have a pds txt cart. Not sure where the rxv came from. But your right theres no current in the switch on the dash. The only thing to change when going to 48 volts is the charger of course and the controller and solenoid. And youll also neec cables for the extra batteries if adding two.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IN a PDS (sepex) drive system the controller does the heavy directional changing. That is unlike the series carts which run the high amperage through a rotary F&R switch. Your existing toggle switch is a low amp signal sender and does not need upgrading to go to 48v.

Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Again, a many thanx to ScottyB, and to Brad.... I didn't mean to stray from the knowledge of the experts, but something was bugging me at work and sought knowledge elsewhere... not to discredit him, he was only giving his opinion, and suggested the ez upgrade, sell and buy bigger. I'm looking forward to digging into the winter project, right after I take her for a winter ride...lol

So, hats off to ScottyB and Brad and all the BGW forum friends who knew the answer to my dilema....
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not saying your friend was wrong by no means. He is actually right. But thats for a series cart not a pds like you have. The carts that a toggle switch beside your right knee under the seat.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO