lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need recommendations for DS headlights

I search for a headlight thread for our DS carts but didnt find one, so here it goes....

I’m doing a Club Car DS build so I figured now is a great time to replace the P.O.J. headlights I have, they look ok, but point too high up without any way to adjust them. Can anyone recommend headlight kit they use that is adjustable? My cutouts are rather large so it needs to be of the big bezel units. I want to hear from you guys about what you recommend based off experience before I call and order one from our sponsors. I only need the headlights and everything is already wired with a switch since I’m just replacing my current units. Thanks!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need recommendations for DS headlights

I am having the exact same problem with the kit I purchased from Trademark Carts, they point up into the trees and are not adjustable. Looking forward to seeing the responses.
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndanielsncsu View Post
I am having the exact same problem with the kit I purchased from Trademark Carts, they point up into the trees and are not adjustable. Looking forward to seeing the responses.
Thanks for the post & glad I'm not alone!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . there are light kits available with adjustable headlights . . . I have them on my cart, but the vendor that I got them from does not have any at this time . . . keep looking around, you will find them . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . there are light kits available with adjustable headlights . . . I have them on my cart, but the vendor that I got them from does not have any at this time . . . keep looking around, you will find them . . .
Yeah I haven't had any problems finding them, I just don't want to get into another situation where I'm not happy with my purchase. Are you happy with yours? Have you tried out the adjustment feature and it worked as you expected with a reasonable amount of adjustment? If you can, please attach some close ups of it so I can see where the adjustment screw is and the name brand so I know what to look for. Much appreciate any help you can offer!

Here's an example of why I started this thread: I found a set online that said they were adjustable but I couldn't see the adjustment screw on any of the item pics, so I called the company and they said it was in the corner and only offered minimal adjustment and probably wouldn't be enough to make any difference. They also said the adjustment actually moves the light up and over at the same time.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How about shimming the bezel with thin nylon spacers or such? Will that give you enough adjustment? Just a thought.... Good luck!
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Below is link to an adjustable headlight kit from Golf Cart King . . . note the screws at 5 o'clock on right light and 7 o'clock on left light . . these are the adjusting screws . . . this light kit is similar to mine, not sure if same manufacturer . . . mine adjust sufficiently to put beam on roadway and not in trees . . .

Adjustable Headlight Kit

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
Solesricky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

you should try putting a spacer behind the bezel at the top to aim the lights down some. i would try a piece of sheet metal, or aluminum. just a suggestion...
Solesricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
Solesricky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

kinda like a gasket for the bezel only at the top. cut it so its bigger than the light hole but smaller than the bezel for the light.
Solesricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Below is link to an adjustable headlight kit from Golf Cart King . . . note the screws at 5 o'clock on right light and 7 o'clock on left light . . these are the adjusting screws . . . this light kit is similar to mine, not sure if same manufacturer . . . mine adjust sufficiently to put beam on roadway and not in trees . . .

Adjustable Headlight Kit

Thanks Stevegrmich appreciate that very much - Ill check 'em out - hopefully they come in black and hopefully they will sell me only the headlights at a lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solesricky View Post
kinda like a gasket for the bezel only at the top. cut it so its bigger than the light hole but smaller than the bezel for the light.
Solesricky, thanks for the reply - thats a good idea but Ill pass, the plastic on them has started to fade to a light grey and not even ArmorAll is enough to bring them back. At this point I'm fully committed to buying a new set. I just want some that will point at the road ahead - not at the "pretty leaves" (as my wife says) in the tree ahead
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car