lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default motor and axle

ok got a different question.. I have noticed on the carts I have that on different carts the motor sticks out different sides of the axle. Never noticed that before. Is that common? If so why? Looking from the rear some have the motor out the right side and others the left. All of them are CCs ranging from 1991 to 2003.

Thanks CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: motor and axle

Different rear ends
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do the motors still spin the same direction when on either side and the gearing of the rears sort of run different or do the motors spin clockwise on one and counterclockwise on the other style rear?

Thanks

CartTrader
Old 12-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Do the motors still spin the same direction when on either side and the gearing of the rears sort of run different or do the motors spin clockwise on one and counterclockwise on the other style rear?

Thanks

CartTrader
All Club Cars should be the same. Do you have a picture of a Club Car with the electric motor on the driver's side of the Axle? This is an EZGO configuration and was never used by Club Car.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

Yea, every CC I have seen between 82 and 2010 have the input shafts on the passenger side, whether gas or electric. It's their standard.

Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not with the cart right now. It is in Florida and I`m in Ohio. Will be there in a couple of weeks. I was working on the lights when I noticed the motor was on the drivers side and kinda threw me. It is a 2003 DS CC and fairly new to me. I do think it is a replacement rear end as I saw it has a date of 2007 written in grease pencil on it. I was going to put a 36v motor on it to get a bit more torque as where I`m at in Florida it is a bit hilly. It goes up the hills pretty good, I just wanted a bit more torque. BUT if its a different motor it won`t bolt up. NEVER even thought it may be an EZGO setup. I will get a photo of the rear and motor when I get down there and post it.

Thanks CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car