lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
big nd fan
Not Yet Wild

Default My DS does not go forward - always in reverse

This is my first post. I tried looking at previous post and could not find the answers I need. Sorry if they are somewhere, I could not find them.

I have a 1988 DS that I am fixing up for my kids Christmas gift. All the batteries were out and wiring undone. I found several block diagram pictures and put it back. The guy said his kids were riding it. Not sure if he really knew.

The terminal on the first relay (on driver side) was broken so I put in a new one as well as the buss plate that was broken that connects all 5 solenoids to each other..

When I put it in reverse the wheels turn without pressing the gas pedal. I am thinking the solenoid may be stuck open.

When I put in forward and press the gas pedal, I hear each of the solenoids click on but no movement. The first one, then 2 then 3 then 4.

1. Does the Buss plate just connect to one side of the 5 solenoids and nothing else is connected to it? There is no wire connected to it. I would think this would be connected to 36v somehow.

2. I see 4 wires going to the motor. I am assuming that 1 set of coils in the motor is forward and one set is reverse.

3. In forward, when the gas pedal is pressed, I assume that each solenoid is switched on and voltage goes through it to the motor and the voltage is reduced through the resistors.

4. Two of the red wires coming from the f/r selector switch were lose and I think I got them in the right place on the batteries.

5. Does the reverse use a lower voltage as forward or are they the same?

I have 3 days to get this project complete and I still have brake issues. any help and advise will be appreciated.

Thanks
big nd fan
big nd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
big nd fan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My DS does not go forward - always in reverse

I figured out why I had no forward. I was not get voltage to the first solenoid and thus not power to the other ones.

I still have full reverse with no pedal deployment.

Any ideas? Does reverse also go through a solenoid?

Big ND Fan
big nd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nd fan View Post
1. Does the Buss plate just connect to one side of the 5 solenoids and nothing else is connected to it? There is no wire connected to it. I would think this would be connected to 36v somehow.
Yes, there is a wire that connects to the buss bar.

Those are pictures of my '86 Club Car when I first bought it. I want to say it went to A2 on the motor, but I'm not 100% sure right now and I don't have that system on my cart any more to check.

I hope this helps,

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad to see you got that figured out, I guess you posted as I was uploading my pictures to photobucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nd fan View Post
I still have full reverse with no pedal deployment.

Any ideas? Does reverse also go through a solenoid?
You've got me on that one. I would think there is either a wire crossed, a stuck switch, or solenoid shorted somewhere.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car