lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: How far (long) should I be able to drive my 2012 CC DS

It's definitely a beautiful cart
and I understand it was rebuilt by a third party, and titled with a VIN#

But... I wish that your cart dealer would have more integrity of what he sells,
and give you, and your cart, more respect with a better warranty then 90 days!

I'm out!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, my five cents of thought.... street legal with those tires (DOT rated). Is this a FL thing? I know here in VA that type of tire wouldn't pass DMV inspection, but then VA is not LSV friendly. I get 27 - 32 miles per charge on mine, my set up is way different from rear end gearing and controller / motor changes.

Very nice looking ride...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #23
mat300z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnorb View Post
Ok, my five cents of thought.... street legal with those tires (DOT rated). Is this a FL thing? I know here in VA that type of tire wouldn't pass DMV inspection, but then VA is not LSV friendly. I get 27 - 32 miles per charge on mine, my set up is way different from rear end gearing and controller / motor changes.

Very nice looking ride...
Most of the carts here have those tires or bigger. Must be Florida thing...as for inspection we don't have that. The dmv had never seen any of my vehicles. Thanks for the compliment though.
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
mat300z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just an update on the situation.

I contacted an Alumna Car Club Car dealer and they told me I should be getting about 25 miles out of the cart. I took the cart out that night about 5 blocks to Domino's Pizza and noticed that I lost my headlights in about 4 minutes and the cart started to slow down. This is after sitting on the charger for a couple days straight. I finally had it with this cart. First thing in the morning I contacted the dealer and told them to come pick it up and that I wanted my money back (over 7000.00). They came and picked it up within hours and told me to come in today for my check :) When I got there they told me that they found a problem with one of the batteries (the one the accessories are also on) and were going to go ahead a replace them all for me for free. I told them no thanks if they couldn't fix it the first 3 times I didn't want anything more to do with it. I signed the title back over to them and they gave me my check. They ate some of the fees title etc. but I still ended up eating the Tag Fee and stuff roughly 400.00 dollars. What I learned from this is that next time I buy something that expensive I better do the research and know exactly what I am getting. They treated me with respect so I won"t bad mouth them but they should have figured out the problem sooner not when I wanted my money back.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Very professional of them to take the cart back, in my opinion. Too bad their tech couldn't figure it out sooner. Looks like you got an education & can start shopping again, LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I was out... but, now I'm back in again...

Well... I'm sorry you had to turn your cart back in,
but at the same time, I'm happy the dealer made good on it!
And I'll agree with Scotty, start shopping for another cart!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #27
credits00
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonbuster View Post
Diddl this. Some dealers are actually poor at keeping floor models charged. They may have been using your cart for customers to test drive everyday and then not charging it. They may have ruined your batteries before you bought it.

I think Melon got this one right. If the dealer got it in May, and sold it to you a couple months ago, that gave them all summer and fall to destroy the batteries. Was a nice looking cart though. Glad you got *most* of your money back, show us pics if you get another!
credits00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #28
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat300z View Post
Most of the carts here have those tires or bigger. Must be Florida thing...as for inspection we don't have that. The dmv had never seen any of my vehicles. Thanks for the compliment though.
Florida does have an inspection. The 3rd party company probably took it to the DMV for inspection as that is required to get a VIN and title in FL. (or so this is what I found out from research when getting mine titled)

Were there 4 or 6 batteries in your cart? Either way... I would make sure the next one had either a dedicated battery for accessories or a voltage reducer pulling from the entire pack for your accessories.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #29
mat300z
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Florida does have an inspection. The 3rd party company probably took it to the DMV for inspection as that is required to get a VIN and title in FL. (or so this is what I found out from research when getting mine titled)

Were there 4 or 6 batteries in your cart? Either way... I would make sure the next one had either a dedicated battery for accessories or a voltage reducer pulling from the entire pack for your accessories.

4 Trojan 12V
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car