lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Peddle box....the thing that goes click

Well.....I believe that I now have my cart to the point of finding out why it isn't running. I have my new controller installed, and a new solenoid, plus the new little gizmo attachments (tech term ) that go with these newbie parts.

However, I wired up everything, and when I press on the peddle.....nothing happens. (I hate when stuff like....nothing....happens) And when I say nothing.....I mean like "silent film" nothing. I can't hear a darn thing clicking under my floorboard. (Remember....EZ-GO TXT....Electric) And when I press the peddle, the solenoid won't "click" either.

I bypassed the throttle and got the solenoid to click and the controller to blink, but I believe I need to replace the "Micro-Switch Peddle Box" located under the floor.

So....I've never done this before...and I'm asking. Do I need to pull the box that is located underneath the cart to do this? Or is this\can this be done via pulling back the floor covering and removing some type of floor plate to access these well hidden and top secret parts??

Thanks.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Peddle box....the thing that goes click

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...placement.html
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Clubcarkrazy
Not Yet Wild

Pretty easy job undo drivers side rocker panel, lift mat, remove metal plate covering the box, then remove the screws from the box cover. it is a 2 prong roller micro switch which is held down by 2 small torx screws t27's if i remember correctly
Clubcarkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks Gent's.

Gorno....I noticed on your cart that on the drivers side, you can actually see the little "bump" where the throttle "stuff" is stored. However....my keen eyesight also noticed an almost unnoticeable teeny, tiny bump on the passenger side of your cart. It looks almost the size and shape of say.......a cat.

In addition....I know that your wife had posted on another forum, a "Lost Cat.....Reward will be Given".

I'm just wondering.......aloud....if there is any "link" between these two....Ghee....should we call them "events"??
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Thanks Gent's.

Gorno....I noticed on your cart that on the drivers side, you can actually see the little "bump" where the throttle "stuff" is stored. However....my keen eyesight also noticed an almost unnoticeable teeny, tiny bump on the passenger side of your cart. It looks almost the size and shape of say.......a cat.

In addition....I know that your wife had posted on another forum, a "Lost Cat.....Reward will be Given".

I'm just wondering.......aloud....if there is any "link" between these two....Ghee....should we call them "events"??

Whaddaya say G?
Cat got yer tongue?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Whaddaya say G?
Cat got yer tongue?
Gorno???

Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I did open heart surgery on the mysterious peddle box this am, and found that the mysterious micro-switch no longer has a "spring" in it's "spring."

The little "arm" with the roller ball on it was just sitting there.....in the .....Ghee....I don't know what position it's called....but the arm was just up against the plastic box. Just broke I guess is the technical term.

But.....the "Calvary" is coming with a new switch. (Calvary = UPS guy)

It's amazing how a dumb little $8 switch can reek so much havoc. But then....a long time ago I said that about an 8-lb baby when we brought him home.

Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well..... Now stop laughing...I haven't even started telling you what happen this time!!! (And my new AXE 4865 ---yes,4865 this time) is working just fine...thank you very much. No "cooking" done too this one!! )

But....I got my new peddle microswitch in and I proceeded to install it. Simple. Then, I hooked up all of my Solenoid wires as they should be....remember that in addition to my newbie controller, I also bot a newbie solenoid, resister, and Diode.

Well, when I did the 1st hook up of the whole thing, and the original peddle microswitch was bad (unbeknown to me at that time), when I turned everything on to "test it" or AKA...see iffin it worked, the cart didn't move, the solenoid didn't click. Then I discovered that the peddle microswitch was bad as I did all of the solenoid testing which revealed something was wrong and it eventually led me back to the microswitch. HOWEVER...what I didn't know was, when I turned on the key....one of two events occurred. (1) Either the bad microswitch blew out the new Diode, OR (2) The new Diode was bad from the get-go.

How did I find out the Diode was bad? Well.....set your Multi-meter to the Diode test and just test it. My Multi-meter has a Diode tester. Yeah....who woulda thought.

So....now I have another microswitch AND another "new" Diode coming. The first crack outta the barrel I will test said Diode. Then install both, then all should be well in "Dave's dreamland of carts."
Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well..... Now stop laughing...I haven't even started telling you what happen this time!!! (And my new AXE 4865 ---yes,4865 this time) is working just fine...thank you very much. No "cooking" done too this one!! )

But....I got my new peddle microswitch in and I proceeded to install it. Simple. Then, I hooked up all of my Solenoid wires as they should be....remember that in addition to my newbie controller, I also bot a newbie solenoid, resister, and Diode.

Well, when I did the 1st hook up of the whole thing, and the original peddle microswitch was bad (unbeknown to me at that time), when I turned everything on to "test it" or AKA...see iffin it worked, the cart didn't move, the solenoid didn't click. Then I discovered that the peddle microswitch was bad as I did all of the solenoid testing which revealed something was wrong and it eventually led me back to the microswitch. HOWEVER...what I didn't know was, when I turned on the key....one of two events occurred. (1) Either the bad microswitch blew out the new Diode, OR (2) The new Diode was bad from the get-go.

How did I find out the Diode was bad? Well.....set your Multi-meter to the Diode test and just test it. My Multi-meter has a Diode tester. Yeah....who woulda thought.

So....now I have another microswitch AND another "new" Diode coming. The first crack outta the barrel I will test said Diode. Then install both, then all should be well in "Dave's dreamland of carts."
One of the most common errors that occurs in solenoid replacement is the diode polarity gets reversed. Simply put the dang thing is installed backwards. This will cause a direct short in the solenoid activation circuit. The result is usually a smoked peddle box ms.

Pay special attention to the diode installation. The banded end goes towards the positive activation wire.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO