lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Throttle jumpy

I know an electric cart doesn't really have a throttle but on pressing the pedal it feels like a jumpy spot or uneven on excelleration seems to be getting worse, I have a 07 precedent with alltrax 400 could it be the pedal control not contacting properly?
Hornsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle jumpy

My neighbor just had this problem and it was a speed sensor of sorts (sorry, I do not remember the part I have an EZ-GO). It was like a $200 part but he had it fixed under warranty. His is a 2010 CC
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . disconnect and clean the connections at the GCOR/MCOR and try again . . still same issue, then test the output of the CGOR/MCOR . . . this is a starting point for problem you describe . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Tony and Steve I suspect the same and will try checking it and see what happens, cheers Paul
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had this exact same problem You need to readjust the throttle up on the Alltrax to # 1 or 2, this will correct your problem. I went through this 3 times, and after resetting the throttle it has'nt failed again. By the way I noticed that every time I disconnected the power and restored the power my trouble would clear for about a month.
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

If you are describing a jerky throttle at take off with the alltrax then what has been said is accurate. You can tame the problem by adjusting throtttle in the controller program but that wont fix the real problem that is most likely the MCOR and I would do exactly what Steve said. A new one cost me $150 and not been a problem since and I was able to program my controller to a higher throttle rate and also use the custom map to ontain 100% throttle.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 AM   #7
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks again guys, I just picked up a new project cart this ones an 08 maybe I could try swapping the mcor and see if its the same issue? I haven't tried any programming yet on the alltrax it's as shipped. What do you think?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornsta View Post
Thanks again guys, I just picked up a new project cart this ones an 08 maybe I could try swapping the mcor and see if its the same issue? I haven't tried any programming yet on the alltrax it's as shipped. What do you think?

. . . go for it . . it is the same part in both carts . . mark one of them so you know which cart it came off of in case one is bad . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I would still try cleaning the connectors and maybe even use some wd40 that might help the connection. If that did not fix i then I would try swapping the MCOR's.

Its interesting that the MCoR works fine with the stock controller but does not work well with the Alltrax, but many have experienced this same problem.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #10
Hornsta
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The plot thickens, I checked and cleaned all contacts, no change, on removing the Mcor I noticed it looked as if you could pry it open, after a little effort I abandoned this idea and went to cart #2 and removed its Mcor funny thing is there is screw driver marks on it as if someone had the same thought I did, I went ahead and installed in cart #1 and problem still exists. And Speedchaser just to fill you in cart #1 was bought not running with no electrics so the alltrax is my first go at running this cart. Cart #2 was purchased at auction no batteries but with a note saying motor erratic! Could it be I now have 2 carts with a faulty Mcor?the problem is not huge and easing the pedal almost non existent but still annoying when it does happen.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car