lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 09 precedent tail light questions

Hello, Thanks for reading. I had a 05 ezgo and just purchased a 09 precedent. The dealer had already installed a light switch and headlight bumper combo. They did not install tail lights as the cart is lifted with a cargo box. They assumed the buyer wouldn't need or want tail lights (I do). He gave me a previously installed pair of tail lights.

I have searched and determined the 09 models are not pre-wired. No problem, I can grab power on the cold side of the switch and ground at the same spot as the headlights. Since the lights were used I wanted to test them. I cut off the club car style plug as my cart is not pre wired. The tail lights have a red, white and black wire. Running lights, brake lights and ground. Obviously I won't use the brake light circuit in this application. Can anyone tell me what color wires are for which function? I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket tail lights (correct shape and design for the precedent cart). I was unable to get the lights to function bench testing. Therefore I did not proceed. I'm assuming they are bad but thought I'd seek advice before ordering a new pair. Sorry for the long read and TIA.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 09 precedent tail light questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
Hello, Thanks for reading. I had a 05 ezgo and just purchased a 09 precedent. The dealer had already installed a light switch and headlight bumper combo. They did not install tail lights as the cart is lifted with a cargo box. They assumed the buyer wouldn't need or want tail lights (I do). He gave me a previously installed pair of tail lights.

I have searched and determined the 09 models are not pre-wired. No problem, I can grab power on the cold side of the switch and ground at the same spot as the headlights. Since the lights were used I wanted to test them. I cut off the club car style plug as my cart is not pre wired. The tail lights have a red, white and black wire. Running lights, brake lights and ground. Obviously I won't use the brake light circuit in this application. Can anyone tell me what color wires are for which function? I'm pretty sure they are aftermarket tail lights (correct shape and design for the precedent cart). I was unable to get the lights to function bench testing. Therefore I did not proceed. I'm assuming they are bad but thought I'd seek advice before ordering a new pair. Sorry for the long read and TIA.

. . . not pre-wired for rear lights, but there is a plug n play harness available for rear lights . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 09 precedent tail light questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . not pre-wired for rear lights, but there is a plug n play harness available for rear lights . . .
Thanks for the reply. The lack of a harness is not a problem.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car