lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
live4thedai
Not Yet Wild

Default Newb looking for a cart

Hi, I finally decided to get serious and go find a cart and had a couple of questions.

I found a 2008 precedent with 2012 batteries for 2400, comes with a flip windshield and charger. No mods done.

I also found found a 2004 precedent 2011 batteries with a rear seat for 2300 I've read they have some serious issues but I wondered since I plan on upgrading the cables controller and battery. Would those issues still be present?
live4thedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newb looking for a cart

I have a 2004 and have had no problems to date so I don't know anything about having a lot of problems with them.

If the 2008 has the 6 8 volt batteries I would go with that. Mine has 4 12 volt configuration and I am getting ready to convert it to 6 8v to gain additional run time.

Good Luck!
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Would be a no-brainer for me - not because I believe there is a problem with 04's. But getting a 4 year newer cart with barely a year old batteries for $100 more? And the price isn't out of line either. I didn't pay much less than that for my 06 a couple of years ago. I did get a back seat and that one doesn't have it - but just order a kit and put it on. My rear seat is okay and it was brand new and already installed on the cart. But if it hadn't been, I would have much preferred to pick out and install my own.

And what do you mean about upgrading battery? You'd yank out 1 or 2 year old batteries and put new ones in?

Not sure what issues you are referring to on 04's. The first few years they put 4 x 12v batteries in the precedent and some don't like it and club car changed it. But that setup works fine for me and I even bought 4 new batts this year. It is said that the 12v's won't last as long and the runtimes are shorter - but it gets me where I need to go for as long as I want to go.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
live4thedai
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I didn't mean batteries I was up at 4 brain not fully booted. I've been searching this forum and I caught a few threads about a recall for the 2004 for the on board PC something to do with the version 2.0. I caught another thread about premature front suspension bushing wear. This is all new to me... I'm just trying to decipher the info and make the best choice.
live4thedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
Would be a no-brainer for me - not because I believe there is a problem with 04's. But getting a 4 year newer cart with barely a year old batteries for $100 more?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4thedai View Post
Yeah I didn't mean batteries I was up at 4 brain not fully booted. I've been searching this forum and I caught a few threads about a recall for the 2004 for the on board PC something to do with the version 2.0. I caught another thread about premature front suspension bushing wear. This is all new to me... I'm just trying to decipher the info and make the best choice.
You must have found some things I've never seen here. I know there was a recall on 06 Trojan 12v batteries, I believe, and most were replaced with 08's. That's what mine had in it when I bought it. I doubt mine were ever broken in properly or taken care of exactly right - but I still got them to 2013 before replacing them.

I'd still buy the 08 over the 04 for the price difference. That's like buying 4 years less wear and tear for a very cheap price. I don't know what year they switched to the 8v batteries but I do know there was a year along the way somewhere where they stopped pre-wiring for light kits, I believe. On my model, for the rear lights, the harness plugs were already there - all i had to do was drill a hole in the body big enough to feed the plugs through.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

I believe the 04 had issues with burning up batteries. Bad circuit boards. It was replaced under warranty and the batteries too. I would think they would have all been fixed by now though.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car