lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Delbert
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez-go 2002 stops and goes

First of all cart is a 2002 series 36 volt ezgo 1 & 1/2 years ago replaced burnt controller with alltrex AXE 4845 replaced all wires to 4 guage & heavy duty solenoid had no problems until the first of this year cart started just shutting down just like you would turn key off some times it will run for an hour before shutting down next time minutes have replaced : F/R switch heavy duty solenoid, its, and pedal box wiring harness also sent controller back to alltrex they said it checked out good I have been using the troubleshooting diagrams from your web sight just can't seem to locate problem
Would you recommend one or two sticks of DYNAMITE
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!
Delbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-go 2002 stops and goes

I prefer C4.

When cart is misbehaving, does the solenoid click?
If so, it is a high current circuit issue.
If not, it is a solenoid activation circuit issue.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Delbert
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I didn't put in my post but yes it clicks when pedal is depressed also reverse buzzer works also replaced diode and resistor on solenoid
What would the high current circuit consist of
THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
Sorry I didn't put in my post but yes it clicks when pedal is depressed also reverse buzzer works also replaced diode and resistor on solenoid
What would the high current circuit consist of
THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!
the High Current circuit are the LARGE cables.....such as all of the ones on the battery pack, from the motor to the controller, from the motor to the F/R, etc.....
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Delbert
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will check all of them in the morning
THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic of a series drive system with the high current circuit highlighted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- Hi-Current traced.JPG (59.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
shelfish
Not Yet Wild

Hate to jump in but I am having a similar issue with a 2002 series cart. Seams to run fine but sometimes when you stop it does not want to start again. switching from forward to reverse only sounds the beeper but still will not go. It has done this several times. I was wondering if there is a bad spot in the motor that is not getting the excitement to cause the motor windings to rotate. Is this possible? The only reason I am saying this is because the last time all I did was move the cart forward a few feet and it took off again. I am concerned that it will leave me stranded in the wood were I can not get my truck to help pull it back, or down below in the back yard.

Thanks for allowing me to butt in.
shelfish
shelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
Hate to jump in but I am having a similar issue with a 2002 series cart. Seams to run fine but sometimes when you stop it does not want to start again. switching from forward to reverse only sounds the beeper but still will not go. It has done this several times. I was wondering if there is a bad spot in the motor that is not getting the excitement to cause the motor windings to rotate. Is this possible? The only reason I am saying this is because the last time all I did was move the cart forward a few feet and it took off again. I am concerned that it will leave me stranded in the wood were I can not get my truck to help pull it back, or down below in the back yard.

Thanks for allowing me to butt in.
shelfish
Most anything is a possibility with a cart going on 12 years old.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have the motor serviced, but the fact the cart started running again after being pushed a few feet could be coincidental.

However it would be best to find our what is wrong and fix it rather than poking and hoping.
So, as asked earlier in this thread and in countless others, when cart is misbehaving, does the solenoid click?
If so, it is a high current circuit issue.
If not, it is a solenoid activation circuit issue.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
Delbert
Not Yet Wild

Removed #4 wires from motor,controller and F/R switch inspected , cleaned and checked for continuity checked out ok put back on
removed all battery cables and replaced with new ones soldered lugs on cable
Cart ran on jack stands for a few seconds then stopped let set few minutes than tryed it again it ran again still on jack stands checked six or seven time it would run checked it again only solenoid would click
Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The high amperage circuit also includes the F&R contacts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO