lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

Default Fedup with junk parts

Seems like nothing works or fits like it should. Is it because everything is made in over seas??
I bought this from a site sponsor & also rockers that fit like sh!t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1906.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
CROWN MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Fedup with junk parts

what gives you the idea it was made overseas ? most diamond plate parts need a little tweaking to get a good fit ... cool black !!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had similar experiences with the diamond plate fitment and found that it is not the site sponsor's but their suppliers. The place I had fitment problems with was very interested in finding out what the problem was.

They asked for pictures and after seeing the problem pulled the item(s) off their list of available purchase list.

I have also found that the thin diamond plate items like you show in your pic have the problems. I am not sure if it is the thickness of the material that makes it difficult to control or what but in my experience with the "rocker panels" the thicker diamond plate fit like a charm.

Contact the sponsor you purchased it from but do not go into it with an attitude. Explain the problem and your disappointment with the item you purchased and see how it does from there.

Good luck my friend.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Really ? Come on guys were men working on our toys = bend the metal to fit and crack open a refreshment.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Really ? Come on guys were men working on our toys = bend the metal to fit and crack open a refreshment.
aaa... what about the gals on the site ?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are some things that are adjustable with a minor fitment issue but there are others that can not be corrected. Just my .02
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I did bend it & because it a roll bend & not a 90* bend it gets tweaked in the middle also.

I posted this just to let other people know that if you buy something like this its not a perfect fit.
CROWN MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Get a piece of pipe about 1 foot longer than the sheet metal is wide. The pipe should be 21/2 inch, (if memory serves). Plastic pipe works fine.
Work the metal over the pipe until you get the fit you want. It won't kink but it will keep that nice curved arch.
It may not be the manufacture or the sellers fault. They pack that stuff several sheets to a box. It could be yours was the last sheet in the stack and therefore got "stretched" just a bit.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
black&yellow
Not Yet Wild

I also see how its "not a big deal" to bend it a little, but I would worry about the paint or powder coating being messed up by doing this. If a supplier is going to sell junk parts that don't fit right then there should be a disclaimer in the description. Seems like this sort of thing happens to me all the time when I buy parts for my 72 chevy. I spend more time making the part fit then if I would have just repaired the original one.
black&yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO