lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
PookieNem
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Speed options

Hey guys, I have a 2010 EZ-GO PDS with stock motor & controller. The only upgrade I've done is adding the 5 4-gauge battery cables, ground cable is still stock. It has a 6 inch lift with 14 " wheels and a rear seat. I'm a big fella, 6'6" 280 lbs... A lot of "tonnage" rolling around with a wife and a 90 lb lab! I'm looking to get to around 23-25 mph and have no idea what I need. From reading some threads on here I've seen a lot of recommendations about adding an Alltrax 400 controller? Do I need anything else? Is there anything else you guys can recommend? Thanks in advance for your advise/recommendations!
PookieNem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed options

you need to talk to ScottyB at cartsunlimited.net

that is a direct link to the options sections.......you would be looking for the #808 or #909 pkg. considering the "TONNAGE" you are talking about....the #909 would better suit you.

onj top of that.....I would complete you upgrade with a complete matched set of cables, which Scotty makes and sells as well. and do your self a favor and go with the 2 ga.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter..._Upgrades.html

you would need kit #9 for 2 ga.......but if you want to go with 4ga. get Kit #8
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

oh I forgot something.......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieNem View Post
Hey guys, I have a 2010 EZ-GO PDS with stock motor & controller. The only upgrade I've done is adding the 5 4-gauge battery cables, ground cable is still stock. It has a 6 inch lift with 14 " wheels and a rear seat. I'm a big fella, 6'6" 280 lbs... A lot of "tonnage" rolling around with a wife and a 90 lb lab! I'm looking to get to around 23-25 mph and have no idea what I need. From reading some threads on here I've seen a lot of recommendations about adding an Alltrax 400 controller? Do I need anything else? Is there anything else you guys can recommend? Thanks in advance for your advise/recommendations!
Is that a 48v cart?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Is that a 48v cart?
ohhhh good question.....forgot about that, being a 2010.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
PookieNem
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Awesome, thanks Sir Nuke! I'll sniff around on scottyb's page at your recommendations.

Thank you also for the hospitality, but I need to warn you...an open invitation to the fridge for a fella my size may not be the wisest move!

No, it is a 36V cart
Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What is the tire height? (Tires with various heights can be mounted on 14" wheels)

With a 400A (or higher) DCX controller, your cart will do about 24MPH on stock height (18") tires with a 36V battery pack and stock motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Awesome, thanks Sir Nuke! I'll sniff around on scottyb's page at your recommendations.

Thank you also for the hospitality, but I need to warn you...an open invitation to the fridge for a fella my size may not be the wisest move!

No, it is a 36V cart
Have no fear.....the fridge is "Auto-Restocking", as soon as the door closes, it replaces the removed brews with cold ones.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
PookieNem
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tire height is 23". Will I also need a upgraded solenoid with the 400 or 500 controller?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Tire height is 23". Will I also need a upgraded solenoid with the 400 or 500 controller?
YES. and for my money.....get the SD Solenoid over the HD. there is only a $10 difference in price between a Heavy Duty and the Super Duty.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO