lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reversing contactor toggle switch wiring

Can you post a pic of the diode install so we can tell if they are install properly?

The positive wire to the rocker switch is needed to activate the switch. The negative from the controller B- or Battery pack B- is also needed to activate the switch. Jack the cart up so the wheels are off the floor before you continue.
Slowly shuddering ahead under the weight of the cart may damage the contactor or ? Get the load off of the motor for safety

If you can't post pics have somebody else look at the diodes to determine the red ends.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I just installed one of these...so don't over-think it. Just because there are six tabs on the F\R switch doesn't mean you have to use all of 'em.

First, your correct, in the "middle" positive wire should come from your solenoid. Then the right and left positive wires should go from the F\R switch to the "top" tabs on the Contactor.

The "Bottom" tabs of the contactor are for the negative connections.

The "diode's" (two of them, one on each side) should be mounted with the silver stripe up or towards the positive connection as the diagram shows.

Back to the F\R switch for a second....I simply connected my three wires all along the same "side" so to speak, of the switch. So, one side has the three wires connected, and the other simply has three empty tabs.

I hope this helps.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I just installed one of these...so don't over-think it. Just because there are six tabs on the F\R switch doesn't mean you have to use all of 'em.

First, your correct, in the "middle" positive wire should come from your solenoid. Then the right and left positive wires should go from the F\R switch to the "top" tabs on the Contactor.

The "diode's" (two of them, one on each side) should be mounted with the silver stripe up or towards the positive connection as the diagram shows.

Back to the F\R switch for a second....I simply connected my three wires all along the same "side" so to speak, of the switch. So, one side has the three wires connected, and the other simply has three empty tabs.

I hope this helps.

Dave

I agree if by side you mean you used all the front or all the rear tabs- Which I think you do.
THanks for your help Dave
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I agree if by side you mean you used all the front or all the rear tabs- Which I think you do.
Yes, exactly what I mean!....Thanks for the clarification Scotty!!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
SDrob
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dave and Scotty. Up and running like a champ. The cofig you mentioned is the first one that I tried...first of about 5 different configurations. So here is what I did to fix the problem (other than connect the F/R wiring as Dave mentioned): Grounding strap run from the mounting bolt for the reverse contactor to the frame. That was it, just provide solid ground. I got frustrated with how tight all the new components fit so I made a new mounting area....that I made from 1/4" aluminum (grounding problem). I thought that the Negative run to the bottom of the contactor would have been good enough but I guess not. Anyway thanks for all the help!
SDrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #16
Ppartain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post

I hope this helps.

Dave
Im having the same issues, wired cables to contactor, but no instructions on where the wires go that came off the micro switches off old F/R...anyone know, blue wire i think comes from key switch, red and white comes from charger port...
Ppartain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No instructions? Look in the upper left hand corner of the install diagram - it says important connection here and F&R micro switch removed and connect blue wire to red wire...... I don't know how I can make it any more clear ? I am open to suggestion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.2reversing-contactor-EzgoTXT.jpg (237.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0.2R_C diode install.JPG (258.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The first two pictures are from my cart when I had the old style F\R switch in it and the third picture is when I hooked up the new ScottyB switch. This third switch shows that I wired together the red wire that goes to the positive side of the solidnoid as shown on ScottyB's diagram, and the yellow wire runs to my key switch...which as shown on ScottyB's first diagram in the upper right corner, shows the red and blue wires connected together. It just happens that my wire color is yellow....not blue.

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO