lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Default Delay in Acceleration

I have a 2002 Club Car with the IQ system. I have owned it for several years, with no problems. That changed early last year. The cart started to have a long delay when the accelerator was depressed. If I continue to hold down the pedal ( sometimes for a couple of minutes ), it will eventually hear the solenoid start clicking, and then it will start moving. As long as I keep the pedal down, it will work just fine. When I let off of the pedal, it will often delay again...not always, but most of the time. The delay is not normally as long, but still might be 30sec to a minute. At first, I thought it was probably just the batteries failing, so I replaced them ( they needed it anyway ! ). That did not help. I then started a little research, and found enough info to talk myself into replacing the solenoid and resistor. These did not correct the problem either. I did a little more research, and found some info on testing the solenoid, thinking it may still be a problem. I tested voltage coming to the solenoid, with the pedal depressed, and there is none initially. If I keep the pedal down, it will eventually get current. Does anyone know what would create this condition, or things I can test ? Would a faulty MCOR cause this ?
scott.cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Delay in Acceleration

That could be the MCOR going into "Sleep Mode" and you have to press the pedal to wake it up. TahoeDawgZ71 would be able to prove my theory right or wrong.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

THANKS for the speedy response !!! Can I test for that ? If so, how. Would that be an MCOR issue, or a controller problem do you think ?

THANKS again !!
Scott
Old 01-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

You can't test it. As far as I know, it is normal for it to go into "Sleep Mode".
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

When I first get in my cart, it takes it several minutes to get voltage to the solenoid, to get the motor going. It did not do anything like that for the first 8 years I had it. Something is definitely not working correctly.

THANKS again !
Old 01-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Someone with more knowledge will chime in
Old 01-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good ! THANKS again !
Old 01-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
scott.cornish
Not Yet Wild

Not sure if this is helpful, but the MCOR makes a clicking noise when I press down the pedal. That may be normal, just wanted to add that info just in case.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I think if it where mine I would clean the connector plugs on the mocor. It may just be a bad connection.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When You tested the solenoid voltage, did You have the multimeter on the 2 coil terminals on the solenoid or between the coil and the battery pack negative?
If it was between the coil and pack negative, then it does sound like the problem is on the MCOR switch.
You can unplug the 2 plug terminal on the MCOR and with the key switch on, put a jumper across the 2 pins on the harness to see if the solenoid clicks every time.
If it does, the switch inside the MCOR is bad or there is a bad connection to the MCOR plug. You can try to clean it up good as suggested.
Make sure the rear wheel is off the ground just in case.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car