lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default cleaning the cart

So how does everyone clean their carts, I have some dirty under fenders. I assume water and electrical not go to well but I plan using this thing down a gravel road at the camp, so it will need cleaning.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: cleaning the cart

I use a hose to rinse off underneath , try not to spray motor directly
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking about stock electronics, the other trouble spot is the controller connector. The Deutsch connectors are water resistant, but the molex 16 pin connector on the controller is not. In the past I have washed the battery compartment and water must have dripped behind the large heat-sink area the controller is bolted to and caused the cart not to run until dried (2010 precedent ). Another time I just used a yard blower on the connector and it fixed the problem, I assume it must have been the speed sensor pin as it is very low current and TTL logic. I just don't spray water directly on the back of the battery compartment now and have not had a problem again.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess If I need water I could tape off the controller area in plastic to keep water from the electronics and even wrap the motor and just try to be careful. The under side is dirty built up and I wanted to clean it to spray some undercoating.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the tow/run is on tow and wait until water is dry before switching to run.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will do thanks!!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
Walker614
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default cleaning the cart

I have seen many electric carts on golf courses that use car wash pressure hoses to clean theirs. Didn't give much thought to it then but now that I own one you have me thinking. What about driving in the rain or off road in puddles? Is there a way to water proof? I've seen on YouTube carts that were converted to 4x4 going through some pretty nasty looking stuff so there has to be something done to them.

Cocked, Locked, and ready to Rock!!
Uncle Ted for President!!
Walker614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker614 View Post
I have seen many electric carts on golf courses that use car wash pressure hoses to clean theirs. Didn't give much thought to it then but now that I own one you have me thinking. What about driving in the rain or off road in puddles? Is there a way to water proof? I've seen on YouTube carts that were converted to 4x4 going through some pretty nasty looking stuff so there has to be something done to them.

. . . assuming the cover is still on your controller, it should be ok for normal use in rain, etc . . . power washing could be a different story if you directly attempt to wash the controller area . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
Walker614
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok cool.

Walker614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

I disconnect the negative post & then wash with garden hose using a sprayer in the shower mode. I just try & make sure I don't spray the electronics directly including the controller. Most important IMO is to make sure and let everything dry before putting power back. Have never had any problems so far.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car