lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
lonepinedm
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding Turn Signals To EZGO RXV

I have a 2010 RXV Fleet with headlights and taillights. I want to add turn signals but cannot find the connector when removing the top of the cup holder. Should this model have the connector or am I wasting my time looking? Could the connector be tucked up near one of the headlights?
lonepinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding Turn Signals To EZGO RXV

Did you buy the kit to convert your regular headlight/taillight set up to turn signals? If I was interested in turn signals I would probably buy a new light kit that includes turn signals plus you will get brake light. Otherwise you will have to do the wiring, just guessing but look at the headlights is there even a wire run for the blinker or just headlight?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
lonepinedm
Not Yet Wild

There is separate turn signal wires in the headlight assembly.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only place I know of is Ebay sells kits to convert regular head/tail lights to include signal. Do a search for Ezgo RXV turn signal, they cost around $100. Or just buy a new light set that includes signals for around $200 and eliminate the hassle of wiring.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
lonepinedm
Not Yet Wild

My cart came with headlights and taillights from the factory. The headlight assembly has has a headlight bulb and a amber turn signal bulb. The tailights have multi filiment bulbs and wiring to control each. Most of the turn signal kits have a plug that would plug into the accessory harness. When ezgo put the lights into my cart did they use an accessory harness or is it a modified version without the turn signal connector?
I assume it is a modified version since I can't seem to find the connector. I was hoping someone could confirm.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The last couple of light kits I bought were the basic kits from EZ-Go and they did not have the turn signal connection but do have brake lights. When you turn on the lights, do the front signal lights come on also ?.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
lonepinedm
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the turn signal bulbs come on as well
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like you have the basic light kit installed. It probably has brake lights as well. You can put signals on it but you will have to do some rewiring.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
lonepinedm
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this combination? The service manual only has the full accessory harness wiring and the main wiring. Nothing about this abbreviated version. I also think it strange that everything I see assumes that this cart with factory lights has the regular accessory harness.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have not seen a wiring diagram for the basic kit so you may have to wing it. Brake harness is under the cup holder and you will have to run new wires from the turn signal switch to the lights.

Tags
rxv turnsignals
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO