lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #11
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Default Re: Bad boy, new and improved???

Well that sucks as I was hoping that Textron could improve them within seven years.. if they can't do it I don't guess no one can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sawtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is this the same Textron company that used to own Homelite saws? If so, they basically ran that brand into the ground. No R&D and cheap mfg, saws became obsolete.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #13
sawtooth
Getting Wild

They did a long time ago. I was a project manager when John Deere bought them out in the 90's. Didn't take JD long to figure out what a bad deal they got. JD sold them 3 or so years later to a Chinese company. Their rework line was unbelievable with all the returns they got. It was a huge cost to them.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info! Sad to see some of these brands go like that. I used to have great respect for Ingersoll Rand, even had a family member working for them years ago. Their piston compressors and impacts were legendary. Now since they cheapened them shifted production to china, they are non rebuildable, throwaway machines. Sad.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Anybody have a new 16 or 17 bad boy buggy? If so how do you like it

Old 05-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The new Stampede is pretty awesome. A total departure from anything we know about BBB.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #17
sawtooth
Getting Wild

Yes but that's just a rebadged arctic cat. They bought them out I while back. I'm more curious about the electric vehicles myself. Wondering if there are more reliable now. A lot of people say they suck and which they did. Just curious how the latest models are

Old 05-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That is incorrect (rebadged 'cat). Actually the next generation 'cat will have the weber-textron engine. There is currently nothing in common between the 2 (as far as I have found).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #19
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We won't even touch Bad Boy Buggies at all here (we actually consider it an apt name, as they are indeed, BAD!). We have an identical opinion on Ruff N Tuff.

They got so many differences between years, zero parts (have to be a dealer to get any help) and no wiring diagrams. Customers buy them expecting to go hunting with them and find out the Sevcon Millipaks can't handle a load period and fry, and then they have to pay $1,000 for a new one, then a few hundred more to get the new style accelerator switch as the new controllers won't accept the older one as they're programmed for the newer one and you can't get the tools to program them back!

They're a nightmare. I personally hate hunting but if you wanted a proper cart for such a purpose, we build a far better and more reliable one with Jake's lift kits, Silverwolf 4WD systems, and Torque 600A controller/motor combos. the OTF programmer is a nice bonus that even BBB won't offer. allows custom regen, accel and speed changes.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #20
sawtooth
Getting Wild

cgtech.... The stampede is a Arctic cat period. My brother works in the factory so don't tell me it's not. Yes they may change the engine but that's only one piece to the puzzle. Not that it's a bad vehicle just saying it's a rebadged Arctic Cat as Textron purchased them wanting access to the gas market. As far as bad boy so nick are you saying the new ones are the same? Yes the older ones were POS but I e seen a few post from members with recent units that they were very happy with. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO