lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax popped, now what?

Although I have been dreading it and putting it off I went to the cart shed with the DVOM this morning and did some test and it is true the controller is bad. It is a NCX 300 I believe, I have been really happy with it til now. I built the cart in 06, it is a 06 model I replaced the controller motor and solenoid and all the wiring. Key sw and fnr sw as well. No troubles with it until now I did replace the battery pack a couple of years ago. So here is the question should I stay with the 300 or go with the 400? All it is used for is golf but both me and my wife are pretty good sized people but I have been happy like I said til now. Thanks Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax popped, now what?

If it lasted 8 years I would replace whatever is wrong with exact replacement. If I gained a lot of weight lately an upgrade of key components might be considered.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

What's the price difference between 300 and 400 amps? If driving habits are the same, you could either put less stress on the controller, or pull uphill a little faster.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'd get a second opinion on the controller being bad and if it truly is, replace it with a DCX400, or a DCX500 depending on the motor you are running.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Well Johnnie B a second opinion would be hard to come by here I am the only one at the club that even knows there is something under the seat cushion. Today I went to see the greenskeeper[who people carry their carts t] to see if he had an ignitor or pulsar for my gas Marathon maybe off a jace810 since they are the same I know they used to have some. He said he didn't know he had a cart that some one brought him to work on I asked him if he had checked the reed valve? The what? What does that do where does that go. He is the one people go to. So that is what is close. Yes I have had a good run with it since 06 on it just cables cable ends and a set of batteries. I just hate that it seemed to happen for no reason. so I guess I'll go back with the 300 it has done so well all this time. thanks guys Jim
Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Its roughly $100 to go from the NCX300 to the DCX400. I would get the larger one..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the popular opinion around here would be to upgrade to the 400 and I agree, even though your 300 lasted 6 years and you aren't looking for performance the 400amp controller will handle the load better than the 300 and might give you a much longer service life than the 300amp controller would. Plus the added performance gain on hills especially.
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
rib33024

What happen that would make you think the controller is bad, do tell
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

AT least check to see if the battery voltage is getting through the solenoid contacts with a voltmeter when pedal is depressed and solenoid clicks. Might not be the controller. Make sure it isn't something simple.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
hugger6933
Getting Wild

No buzzer, no solenoid click. 0 voltage when on the m-[I think it was I don't have the test paper in front of me]and the b+ term[witch ever the test said to hook to] and then when through the pedal range ,still at zero. The test I used is the one in the sticky on this page at the top, every test turned toward bad controller. I also checked the black wire on the six pin connector and only had 13 volts. I used Scotty B's trouble shooting sheet to come up with this
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO