lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT electrical problems / short

True. And maybe true for the A test, as the rotor is not supported - no front bearings.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #22
RSGreen
Not Yet Wild

Will try these tests tomorrow evening; need to make a drive to one of the kids house a couple of hours away; appreciate this and will work it late SUN or first thing MON morning. Thanks again to everyone for your time and advice. RSGreen
RSGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #23
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
True. And maybe true for the A test, as the rotor is not supported - no front bearings.
I don't think the motor will turn with the A test with the light bulb without field coil energized.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #24
RSGreen
Not Yet Wild

yurtle/radioman: Got home a short time ago. The motor is still in the cart so I tried the test that yurtle mentioned above. I put a jumper wire from S2 to A2, then applied 18 volts from three of the batteries in the cart as yurtle mentioned - no response from the motor.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #25
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

place the jumper between a1 and s2 then connect 12 volts to the other terminals a2 and s1
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
RSGreen
Not Yet Wild

sonnysmith: tried it with the jumper between a1 and s2 with only 12 volts to the a2 and s1 terminals and still no response from the motor.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #27
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you don't have some continuity between A1 and A2 the motor is not going to run. It is not going to conduct electricity. You should measure about 2 ohms A1-A2. You can run all the electrical test anyone can come up with but if you have a good ohm meter you can trust it will save you a lot of time. I am not familiar with the inside of golf cart motors but all DC motors have brushes that make contact with the armature commentator and you should be able to locate them and see if they are making contact from the A terminals with a ohm meter. I would recommend you might consider taking motor to a shop.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The service manual tells detailed instructions on rebuilding the motor. Since it worked before (kinda), my guess would be the brush assembly or connecting cables got damaged, but a motor shop can easily fix that.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #29
RSGreen
Not Yet Wild

thanks all for the help; found a local electric motor shop to take it to in the morning. will keep you posted after i get the results. RSGreen
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO