lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need new batteries, hopefully charger works.

Hello, replaced the batteries in June 2007 with NAPA (Deka) GC2, 115 mins @ 75 amps, probably didn't break them in correctly, charged them fairly correctly and took good care of them cleaning checking etc. Any how I believe they are now dead, cannot get powerwise to come on (but it does click like trying to come on, sometimes several times). Charged them up individually and they all read over 6, 6.01,6.00,6.36,6.05,6.19,6.22, shouldn't the charger come on? If these are dead would the charger not come on?
Also, was happy with the performance of these batts, I bought these at NAPA for $66 way back then, I think he gave me the wholesale price,
Any quick battery references? A local golf cart guy shows T-105's for $119 each.

Thanks!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need new batteries, hopefully charger works.

the price of on thw t-105 is about right for the Midwest.

seems like your voltages have a huge variance between them, which is bad.
6.36 = 100% state of charge
6.22= about 80% state of charge
6.19= 70% state of chage
the rest are 50% or less which mean the are probably shot.

not sure on your charger. I think it take at least 26 -28 volts to kick the charger on.

the more experienced people will chime in
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
crash test dummy

those reading are not under load so i'd say at 7 years your old ones are dieing ...
the $119 for t105 sounds like a good price
charged to that amount charger should come on
here is a video thats really good on the powerwise charger

oh BTW please post year, make , and volts of cart when asking for help
Old 06-04-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

the fact that you got 7 years out if them, congrats!! but its time for new batteries.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check all your connections for your charging circuit. The receptacles and the charger plug itself had overheating issues, and the connections would fail. Check the little sensor pickup (small flat steel terminal inside the rounded side of the charger plug) for cleanliness and check the outside of the terminal on the cart too. This connection is what the charger board uses to sense the battery voltage. Make sure to disconnect the batteries from the receptacle to clean, as the pins are live all the time!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Borrow another charger if you can and try it on your cart. Wiggle the charger connector around and see if the charger turns on. It seems to me it should turn on with the battery voltage you have.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you need new batteries, but you are correct, the charger ought to be turning on since the pack voltage is now 36+ volts. (28V-30V is all that is needed)

Either the charger is bad, or the pack voltage isn't being sensed by the charger.

What is the make/model of your charger?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for all the info!, I checked all of the connections and they seemed good. The bezel that surrounds the on cart receptacle has been cracked for years and I think that sometimes prohibits a solid connection. Low and behold I supported the cart recep from the inside and plugged it in, it clicked, I did it again and it came on and charged. The batts came up to 6.44, 6.36, 6.33, 6.28, 6.30 6.30. 38 pack. I kept a watch on the charge and it did shut off one time but that may have been due to I was hanging something on the wall and was pounding a nail into the wall where the charger is hung (loose connection in charger maybe?). It's not here now but I am pretty sure it's a 1998 powerwise.

Any idea on the bezel, looks like I have to replace the whole recep, ebay probably I think I saw as low as about $65.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

1998 ezgo dcs. 400 amp alltrax controller.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is the receptical relatively stable in its cracked condition? You may be able to put a couple of wraps of tape on your charger plug, and tighten it up.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36 v. alltrax 400 amp., 98 ez go dcs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO