lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #41
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This usually is a sign that the charger isn't getting any power. Check the wall outlet to make sure it's plugged into a good outlet. If so, check the AC power going into, and coming out of the circuit breaker of the charger, and then further into the circuit where it goes into the relay and comes out of it. If you need help with the testing we'll be glad to help.
thanks for your help.

sorry it took em so long. i took the charger apart and noticed one of the spade terminals that plugged into the fuse was very loose and corroded. i replace and mad it a good connection and charger works fine. after 10 seconds the relay click then the meter jumps up and it chargers. actually after a few seconds the meter dips all the down and starts up again and then chargers is that normal??

I also just posted another charger issues i am having on a 36v lestronic II model 14100 maybe you can take a look at if and help me trouble shoot this one. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...0-charger.html
yukonjoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #42
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

That behavior is normal. The charger will start, get it's "readings", turn off, then restart.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #43
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
That behavior is normal. The charger will start, get it's "readings", turn off, then restart.
10-4 thanks
yukonjoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #44
j_hurst369
Not Yet Wild

Hi new here. i have a 97 cc ds. Just bought it from a guy and he said it needed new batteries. just put brand new trojan batteries in it and new cables. After putting them in i plugged the charger in and it jumped up to 10 amps like it was supposed to and charged for a bit and shut off. The charger functioned properly clicking on after about 2 seconds shutting off and then coming back on. After using the cart for the day around the lake i plugged it in and the charger only went to 5 amps but still functioning properly. The next day it was still at 5 amps and as soon as i unplugged it the little charge battery light on the dash came on. I used the cart the rest of the day and plugged it back in and the charger only went to 1 amp. Still functioning properly. The cart wasn't charging. Across the pack I'm still ready 48 volts but the cart is dying and needs charged. I read this entire forum and began troubleshooting. First i checked the obc by jumping from the gray wire to the last battery negative and it didn't do anything different so that tells me that isn't the issue, then i did the other obc test by opening the charger and unplugging the red and blue wires off the relay and putting my voltmeter on them and then plugging the plug into the cart and the voltage changed like it should from 0 to 35. So i again thats 2 test that say the obc is good. I checked for loose wires and found none. the charger clicks on when plugged in and hums, still shuts down and kicks back on but the amperage gauge just barely moves to less than 1 amp. Also borrowed the neighbors charger and plugged it in to the cart and it would only go to 1-2 amps on my cart. Where should i be looking next?
j_hurst369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #45
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

j_hurst369,
I understand your pain, sounds to my like your OBC is on it's way out. Passing some tests, but not allowing your batteries to charge. And you have had no success charging your batteries with either your charger or your neighbors charger.

The indicator light came on when you unplugged the charger, because it was not fully charged.

Did you try your charger on your neighbors car? Do that and let us know the results.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #46
j_hurst369
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
j_hurst369,
I understand your pain, sounds to my like your OBC is on it's way out. Passing some tests, but not allowing your batteries to charge. And you have had no success charging your batteries with either your charger or your neighbors charger.

The indicator light came on when you unplugged the charger, because it was not fully charged.

Did you try your charger on your neighbors car? Do that and let us know the results.

Aflyer
Yes we took our charger to the club cart dealer and they checked it on a new cart and it worked just fine
Old 06-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #47
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, I think you have the answer, you need to replace the OBC.

Or replace your Charger with a smart charger and bypass the OBC.

Please start a new thread, as these Sticky posts should only be for information.

Thanks,
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #48
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure You just have a single cable on the pack negative battery post and that the cable goes through the OBC to Controller B- terminal.

If that is the case, the OBC current control circuit may have failed.

You test that by running the 10ga black wire from the back of the cart charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

If The current goes to maximum on the charger ammeter, that means the OBC was preventing the batteries from charging.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #49
j_hurst369
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Make sure You just have a single cable on the pack negative battery post and that the cable goes through the OBC to Controller B- terminal.

If that is the case, the OBC current control circuit may have failed.

You test that by running the 10ga black wire from the back of the cart charger receptacle directly to pack negative.

If The current goes to maximum on the charger ammeter, that means the OBC was preventing the batteries from charging.
I have a wire coming off the last negative post going to my voltage reducer, but this was done after the charging issues and has not even been used. I now have the wiring diagram to rewire that correctly. I did the test running the black wire to from the receptacle to the pack negative and it did NOT move the ammeter at all. Question though, when i read this test it said to just use a jumper wire. Do i need to disconnect the black 10 gauge from the B- and use that to tough it to the pack negative?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #50
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need both the Grey wire (which activates the charger relay) and the Black wire (which controls the charging current) jumped to pack negative.

If you connect both of those wires to pack negative, it does not matter if the OBC is connected or not, the charger will come ON at full power when You plug it to the cart.

Plug the charger to the cart first and then to the 120v outlet.

Wait until the pack voltage reaches close to 60v and unplug the power cord from the wall first, and then from the cart (to avoid sparks near the cart).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car