lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #21
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G3 E Conversion to 48v - Perfect Replacement For Original Reversing Contactors?

One more confirmation... Are these 2 links below the same 4 contact solenoid as the one in the eBay link above?

This says discontinued but replacement part is 2nd link;

https://www.alliedelec.com/white-rod...-907/70101966/

This says is replacement part

https://www.alliedelec.com/white-rod...0111/70484650/

Just want to be sure that all these look the same to you so that I can order all from Allied.
jakehanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2018, 12:52 AM   #22
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G3 E Conversion to 48v - Perfect Replacement For Original Reversing Contactors?

Got the question above solved.

But I have one more if I may. Will I need Scotty's diode and resistors 48v for the one 4p and two 6p units? Or will I only need them for the 4p solenoid? Also, would the diodes and resistors stay the same values as Scotty's 48v offerings for these particular White Rodgers brand or will I need something different?
Old 11-01-2018, 05:58 AM   #23
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehanl View Post
Got the question above solved.

But I have one more if I may. Will I need Scotty's diode and resistors 48v for the one 4p and two 6p units? Or will I only need them for the 4p solenoid? Also, would the diodes and resistors stay the same values as Scotty's 48v offerings for these particular White Rodgers brand or will I need something different?

Only for the 4P (main solenoid)

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #24
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Luke, are you sure about this?

When you look at the screenshot below for a Curtis controller; it does show a couple of diodes on the reversing contactors as well as the main solenoid?

'CGTech' your thoughts as well? :)

Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No, every solenoid coil will make a 1000v spike when the power is turned off. Diodes on each coil.

Resistor on main solenoid only.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:41 AM   #26
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Okay so just to clarify, one diode on each solenoid of both reversing contactors, one diode on the main solenoid and one resistor on main solenoid also right? 3 diodes and 1 resistor total? Also, what size values for diodes and resistor?
Old 11-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You have the correct quantities, Get them from ScottyB.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #28
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

On the White Rodgers Solenoids - Which Terminals Are the + and - for proper diode placement ?

I ended up buying the White Rodgers 4p main solenoid and two 6p solenoids for the reversing contactors.

On these solenoids, they don't seem to be labelled with a + or - on the smaller terminals or anywhere else? If so, how do I identify which is + and which is - for the proper diode direction placement?

Also, I assume I will need a pre-charge resistor on the main solenoid between the 2 large terminals which is not polarity directional right?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #29
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those solenoids shouldn’t be polarity sensitive, meaning you can use either side as the B+. Just orient your diode correctly. Resistors are not polarity sensitive.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #30
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Cgtech, you earlier stated that these WR solenoids I used, were " rated at 200a continuous/ 600a peak. Heavy duty enough for most all controllers."

Do you see any concerns over the use of an Alltrax 500amp SPM72500 controller with them? I picked one up on the cheap and have almost got it installed. I just wanted to be sure that these solenoids will be able to sufficiently handle this controller without issue or failure?

I'm hoping that your answer is yes, as I've been using them with a 500a Curtis Chinese clone controller thus far without any issues; and I love the ability of having the extra 2 WR's for using them as reversing contactors with the original KEYSWITCH as well.

Also, do you know if I should make the Relay + and - connections from the controller to my main solenoid or not?

One other thing, the new 500a controller came with a 250a catastrophic fuse, but I'm thinking it should have been a 400a fuse according to Alltrax's guide which states such if using a 450a - 600a controller. Any thoughts on this?

I'm also open to others thoughts on these questions as well.

Thanks in advance :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha