lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #21
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G3E - Upgrades not bringing the speed?

How do you think the Beast 7114 motor would do in a Sun Classic as compared to the Admiral. MOT-A1?
jakehanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #22
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I purchased an AMD Beast 7114 too replace a GE D377 however it looks like it's going to be a very tight fit - hopefully it will in fact fit.

Does anyone know if the stock motor actually fits inside the metal band attached to the gearbox in this photo? another words I am trying to determine if my new motor will have to slide into the or if it just sits flush?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #23
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Okay so the sad thing is that I cannot seem to get the AMD Beast 7114 motor to fit after removing the GE D77. The frame itself is in the way from me being able to get the motor in straight and onto the spline. If somehow I could figure out how to get more clearance then it would for sure fit once onto the spline. I tried putting the motor in from the top down; as it looks like the frame would prohibit me from installing it from below or even from the rear end. The problem is the large tubular round frame bar at the end of the motor is prohibiting me from coming straight down or even at an angle. I am completely stumped now and hope someone might know a way for me to get it in there? Obviously it won't work when attempting at an angle as the spline must go on when the motor is completely horizontal, and I'm sort like an inch give or take. Any ideas on how to make this thing fit?
Old 02-16-2019, 10:44 PM   #24
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had to remove the shocks on mine and pivot the whole rear end with the motor down and then slide on my big motor. It was a close fit but it works.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #25
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So no need to remove the axle from the frame and try to slide it over then? A friend told me that was what he thought but sounded crazy hard.

Can you explain the shock removal and pivoting steps a bit more detailed please?
Old 02-16-2019, 11:06 PM   #26
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Other than removing the rear shocks and pivoting did you loosen or do anything else to drop the rear end? Also can you detail what you mean by pivoting?
Old 02-16-2019, 11:19 PM   #27
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

That’s all I did. The whole thing is on a hinge in front. So lift the cart by the rear bumper and remove the shocks from the top. The whole thing will drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2019, 11:25 PM   #28
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So you mean jack up the rear, then remove the shocks from the top? Then would I let the jack down once removed or leave it jacked and do the pivoting? Does the frame also need supported? What exactly will drop down? And by lifting the rear I'm assuming you are meaning jacking it up not actually lifting up on it right? What kind of pivot maneuver did you do then exactly? Thanks...
Old 02-16-2019, 11:34 PM   #29
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jack up the cart, but not by the rear end. Remove the bolts on the top of the shocks and let the rear end swing down. I’m not sure how big your motor is so no guarantees it will fit but mine did. I removed the rear body on my cart, which is not very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #30
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Where do you recommend jacking the cart up from if not the rear end? Also did you have to remove the rear wheels?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha