lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
teeitup
Not Yet Wild

Default '08 Drive charging problem

I have a 2008 Yamaha Drive, electric. 48V, 4ea Trojan 1275 (12V) bought new in Aug '08.Cart only gets about 18 holes of golf before batteries run out. Used to get around 45 holes. Symptoms have been getting gradually worse.
I've always plugged it in after each and every use. Now when I plug it in I never know the outcome. Most of the time it just continues charging and never stops. The garage will smell like chemicals and the batteries get very hot. The yellow light on the charger stays on continuous and the green light will not come on. I've measured the voltage after it's been on for 10 hours or more and get as much as 53.1VDC with a Fluke DVM. But the charger will not go to trickle charge or shut off. My dealer gave me a replacement charger as the original was recalled, but says my batteries are weak, and need to be replaced. But the computer on the cart says it only has 3495 Amp Hours and 443 miles. Batteries are supposed to be warranty for 4 years or 20,000 amp hours. Dealer says batteries are weak, not bad and therefore will not replace them under warranty. At what voltage should my charger switch to trickle charge and at what voltage should it shut off? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Teeitup
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: '08 Drive charging problem

you have a weak battery. get your dealer to do a hydrometer test on the batteries. this will tell you which one is weak. the 12v dont last that long. I have repalced several in these yami's.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha