lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
beatle bug
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Robin EH29C Stops running no gas in filter

golf cart will run for awhile then stop. notice no gas going into fuel filter. took hose off. pored gas into hose put back to filter, ran awhile then stopped again. did this several times.finally took off filter. put a straight hose on. ran awhile then would stop.everytime i would take hose off and put gas in it and reattach it would run for 15 minutes or so then stop again was thinking fuel pump bad, any suggestions? thank you
beatle bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Mark442
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 Robin EH29C Stops running no gas in filter

Pickup tube fell down inside fuel tank, plugged line or bad fuel pump are the likely suspects.
Mark442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A leaky vacuum tube can be the culprit. Runs from the bottom of the fuel pump to the engine case. This vacuum source is what pumps the fuel. Check the line for cracks and the things mark mentioned.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Take your fuel line that runs from your pump to the carb and take it off at the carb. crank the motor over and see if you are getting a full stream of fuel. If your not you need to check the hose from the pump to the engine block and make sure there isnt anything blocking it. If it is clean and you have a good vacum coming off that line then it is more than likely your pump.
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I suffered this same problem earlier this year. I had the same symptoms, no fuel in the glass filter, it would run for about ten minutes then die. If I let it sit a while, it would start back up and run another ten minutes. I changed the fuel pump, checked the pickup tube, put a new vacuum line and fuel line on the cart, but it kept running for about ten minutes then would die with a fuel filter full of air. I finally decided to check the compression. I only had 120psi in both cylinders. When I looked into the low compression issue, I found both intake valves were out of adjustment. I spent 10 minutes adjusting the intake valves and all my problems went away. I then had 180 psi in both cylinders and the fuel pump would pump a steady stream of fuel when I took the output hose off the carb. If those intake valves don't completely close, you will not get the proper vacuum pulses which make the fuel pump operate. The valve lash is easy to check, I would check that first, before you start replacing a bunch of unnecessary items like I did.
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO