lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Mwood
Not Yet Wild

Default 1981 rebuilt and sluggish

I just rebuilt a 1981 robin new head, piston, crank. My problem is that it seems to be very sluggish when taking off. With not much for power.
What I am questioning is the timing I set the pickup unit in the middle where it said in a 1989 manual I put a timing light on it and it seems to be in the middle of the mark like it states in the manual. The RPM's didn't seem to matter much. I do not have a manual for a 1981 EZ-GO and am not able to find one.

M.Wood
Mwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1981 rebuilt and sluggish

The timing sounds correct in the middle.Is the engine revving up? Is it possible the belt is worn or clutches not operating correctly.We'll need more info to try to help.Thanks
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I concur with racin161 but I also note that you do not say "new cylinder" on your list of replacement parts.
What is the compression ratio after the rebuild. A fresh engine should be around 110 psi building up to 140 (ish) as the rings bed in.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Mwood
Not Yet Wild

I put everything in new, Crank, piston, jug, bearings and a new spark plug that I found was loose causing me to loose compression.
It still doesn't have much for power. I have not done a compression check with the new parts? I am sure the new parts need to be seated in better than they are now.
So for now the problem seems to be solved. Unless you can increase the power a little bit.
Thanks for the help
M. Wood
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

DAVE I NEED MORE HP. 425 hp. out of a 244 can you help? Now thats funny!!!!
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Mwood
Not Yet Wild

Seems that I forgot to deglass the new cyclinder. It is getting better. It may just take a little while. The owner is satified now.
Thanks for the input
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO