lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #51
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: How Fast is Your Cart?

thats weird, when I hit post quick reply it said web page unavailable so I backed up and added the turdible remark, hit post again and now both replys are here. Computers....
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #52
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
a "brick" one is built stronger than a wooden one....jeez ess sorry to hear about the stinky garage too, thats turdible..I mean terrible you're lucky you don't keep it parked in your new toyhauler
Oh trust me, I've been told what needs to happen before it goes into our portable living room! Trust me, she's a wonderfully tolerant woman. Until.......
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #53
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My 81 G1 YAMI does 25 gps'ed on asphalt..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
speedfreak
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Can your rpm's be adjusted with just the muffler? So I could do away with the governor in the motor and limit the motor with the exhaust? If so that would be worth the rev kit install right there. I have a very touchy throttle because of the engine governor. I don't want to remove it because someone else driving the cart just might hold it to the floor and well you know how some people are in it's current state I have a ton more power than I have gearing so it will rev to the moon.
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #55
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Can your rpm's be adjusted with just the muffler? So I could do away with the governor in the motor and limit the motor with the exhaust? If so that would be worth the rev kit install right there. I have a very touchy throttle because of the engine governor. I don't want to remove it because someone else driving the cart just might hold it to the floor and well you know how some people are in it's current state I have a ton more power than I have gearing so it will rev to the moon.
Simple answer, yes! My motor also has the gov removed. I can run it with 2 to 3 disks and max the rpms at about 4700 to 5200. The motor burns kinda rich under those conditions but it is quieter and no one can over rev it. I generally run 4 disks. It keeps it acceptably quiet and tops out about 53 to 5400 rpms. With the red line being about 5500 to 5700.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #56
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2003 EZGO TXT (gas) and with a GPS I clocked mine at 19-20MPH. I have 22" tires, modified governor. Don't know what the rpm's are. That is on a smooth street. That is fast enough for me. Usually don't run it more than about 15 mph around the neighborhood, slower at the ranch.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #57
honkytonk13
Not Yet Wild

I got all you beat,i had mine traveling 62 mph yesterday.1983 g1 bone stock-lol it was in the back of my truck
honkytonk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO