lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Shorter drive belt for 2008 TXT GAS 295

I have read the sticky from 2008 on shorter drive belts but did not find any new information.

Can I shorten the belt on a 2008 TXT with stock parts? If so where do I go to find this belt EZGO dealer or NAPA? My cart is used and the belt is VERY loose when not running and has low tork at the bottom end.

Any help is appreciated.....
learningaboutcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shorter drive belt for 2008 TXT GAS 295

If all else fails wrap a piece of string around the belt so you can measure its length. No you really don't want to go more than 1 inch shorter or it will be impossible to wind it over the pulleys. If you go to www.napaonline.com and search on drive belts they are all listed out. Keep looking until you see the length you want.
Or you could wait until someone who knows what the belt number is comes along.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks,
I will have to measure when I get home tonight. I will be adding a lift and 22" tires later in the week and it is already slow to take off without them.

I appreciate all of the help you guys give out. Without advice it would be mutch trial and error and many dollars spent

Have a great day,
Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Stock EZGO belt for a TXT stroke is 42". I was able to put a G2 belt (39 7/ on my 97 workhorse but 2 of us had to turn the primary clutch to get it in.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Researched and ordered today. Grainger has a Good year belt that will work #2UVF4 $48.99 + tax and NAPA had a Gate belt #PL30075 $77.00 + tax (including shipping). The stock belt is 42.2", the Gate belt is 41.1" and the Good year is 39.9" with the same width.

I ordered the Good year to save 37%. Should have it hear and installed tomorrow night.

Thanks for the advice,
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The Goodyear belt is a no go DO NOT ORDER THIS NUMBER as it is the correct length and width but is very thin and will pinch together. The Gate belt is the proper length, width and thickness but it is cogged on the top and bottom.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #7
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

This new shorter belt seemed to make no difference at all. Top speed is still 21 MPH with old and new belt

I did notice that the rear clutch seems to be closed when I stop some of the time and open when I stop on others. It is also sluggish and seems to hunt gears. When I rotated the rear clutch by hand black dust/dirt was falling out of the holes on to the floor.

How do I determine if it is bad? Can it be cleaned and greased to extend the life?

Any input is helpful.......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO