lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Shreadman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Help With Year and Model

Picked this baby up for $100 yesterday (ain't she a bute Clark), was told it was a 1984 but not to sure of that. Can someone tell me what year this cart is and what model it is (don't know very much about these), also is this a 2pg motor?

The tag says S/N: 760326 and then there is a second set of numbers that are T06013 tag does not say manufacture code anywhere on it. Tag is underneath glove box on passenger side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00082.jpg (38.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00086.jpg (85.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00087.jpg (96.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00090.jpg (94.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00091.jpg (112.3 KB, 10 views)
Shreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help With Year and Model

To ME, it looks like a first-gen (1PG) as there is no ignitor which indicates points-style ignition ... The serial number coincides with a 1976, as does the body style and front suspension - I call it a 1976, unless someone wants to challenge (which they may well do)

I can definitely say though, with that engine and suspension it's definitely pre-81
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Shreadman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help With Year and Model and Other Questions

Thanks for the reply. i was kinda leaning towards the 76 myself but want to get the experts opinion on it.

Have a couple of more queations about it. Should the battery charge when the cart is running (it doesn't), there is a red wire comming out of the motor that get a charge when the engine is running, currently it is not hooked to anything. can I run this wire directly to the battery (+) or will this burn up something, does this wire have to be wired to somethibg else to charge the battery? Also there is no microswitch connected to the gas pedal, motor starts when cart is put in forward or reverse. i have a microswitch for the cart but have no idea how it should be wired, is there a wiring diagram out there that will show how to do this.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, all I have diagrams for are 82-up, but I'm sure Dave or one of the 1PG gurus will be along to help out shortly ... Check the top of the threads, there is a section for tech help, etc that may have a manual or diagrams for your cart (I don't want to venture any guesses as I'm not familiar with the 1pg's and I don't want to lead you astray)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Brew City is right on (except one pedantic detail) It is a 1976 but it is a 2PG. The 2PG was introduced in 76 and had an internal starter and points. The engine was heavily modified in 1980 but still retasined the 2PG tag.

You problem is going to be that many parts for your engine are no longer available such as the crankshaft, generator/starter, regulator and so on. You may want to bear this in mind before you spend money on other peripherals.

Half way through this thread
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...n-reverse.html
I posted a manual for a 76. Have a look and see if it helps.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Shreadman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Dave for the reply. I am not going to put any big money into thiis cart just going to try and keep it running until the end of this camping season. Other than trying to get it to charge the battery, and wire up the switch to the gas pedal probably won't do much of anything to it except put gas an oil in it. I have read several threads that state the corect mixture should be 1 to 1.5 oz for each gallon of gas, does t
hat hold true for this year also?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

The 1976 manual specifically states 128:1 which is 1 ounce oil to 1 gallon gasoline. BTW you should mix them in a seperate container and shake before adding to your fuel tank.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO