lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 97 Workhorse will not run, HELP!

A 295 should have 170-190
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #12
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My 350 cc has only just over 95 on each. But I have no problem. It starts fine, runs perfect. Probably my compression gauge is faulty.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #13
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

170 to 190 is good. 150 is ok, below that is low. Most of the 295 and 350's can use a valve adjustment to get you a little more compression.

This is from the Ez-go tech sticky,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html

It wont take but a half hour and is well worth the time on most motors
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
Walking-Again
Not Yet Wild

I readjusted the valves again and got it up to 145 psi. Tore the carb apart again it helped some. In neutral it will run at half throttle now (though not very good) but as soon as you open her up more it dies. I have flipped the wires on the HEI around to every possible config nothing worked better than the way I found in a diagram on this site. Pulled the plugs which are new and they are black and dry.

I realize the compression may be low but from others posts it doesn't seem critically low to be causing this no run issue. What should I be looking at next?
Walking-Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
rocko
Gone Wild

I'd go with a new carb , I have had a couple of small engines that I could never get the carbs cleaned out , a Honda 5.5 on my air compressor and a Howitt 1500cc engine on my crossfire 150 , cleaned , blew out and probed the holes on them both several times and never could get it right changed the carb and all was well , use some fuel stabalizer in your gas once you get it right , the ethonal fuel will clog up fast , not sure about the EZGO carb but you find find carbs on the net a lot cheaper than a dealer , Tomberlyn wanted 280 for the exact same Deni 24 that I got for 44 dollars
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #16
Walking-Again
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I replaced the carb and still no difference. I double checked the fuel pump output and I get a steady steam running out of it, it not like it's blowing fuel out 6" or more. Is this normal. I have also hooked up my in-line spark plug tester and the spark appears weak compaired to my lawn tractor.

I did an ohm test on the pulsar and my number is much less that 150 I've read about on this site. Could this be causing a weak spark issue? or would I have a no spark condition if it's bad? I took it off and the magnets are just about completely flush with the plastic casing. I have done the HEI upgrade with a coil upgrade but it still will only run at very low speed with no load and as soon as you stomp on it it just spits and sputters and stops "running".

My generator was replaced this spring but for some reason my battery voltage drops from 12.8 (no load) to 11.85 with the motor turning over. I hope it's not the generator again. Could it be the voltage regultor?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, thanks for all your help,
Walking-Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO