lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
utvol41
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 ezgo golf cart jerking any help is good help

So i just bought this Golf Cart for my Grandmother it is a 2002 Gas EZGO. The golf cart runs fine after you are moving the problem is this. When switching from forward to reverse and opposite the cart jerks real bad almost like the clutch is not engaging. So when i am pulling out and backing up I put the cart in reverse and press the gas the cart jumps real bad and then does it again when switching from reverse to forwards. Does anyone know what this might be? She also mentioned that it very difficult for her to pull up the drive way that the cart has to be good and warm. Is the cart missing a gear? Any input on what this might be would be helpful. Thanks for your time. New to working on golf carts
utvol41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
Jumpeez
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 ezgo golf cart jerking any help is good help

I have the same year and voltage cart. Do you have wiring diagram for the 42 volt battery wiring
Jumpeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpeez View Post
I have the same year and voltage cart. Do you have wiring diagram for the 42 volt battery wiring
He has a gas cart and you are in the gas section. Might try here, read the stickies..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvol41 View Post
So i just bought this Golf Cart for my Grandmother it is a 2002 Gas EZGO. The golf cart runs fine after you are moving the problem is this. When switching from forward to reverse and opposite the cart jerks real bad almost like the clutch is not engaging. So when i am pulling out and backing up I put the cart in reverse and press the gas the cart jumps real bad and then does it again when switching from reverse to forwards. Does anyone know what this might be? She also mentioned that it very difficult for her to pull up the drive way that the cart has to be good and warm. Is the cart missing a gear? Any input on what this might be would be helpful. Thanks for your time. New to working on golf carts
They do jerk some what when switching forward to reverse and opposite, but also could be a dirty primary clutch not closing smoothly or a worn out belt (new they are 1 3/16" wide). Also might check your motor mount bolts to see if they are tight, could be the motor moved back making the belt overly loose.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, forward, gas, jerking, reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO