lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: FE350 runs better w/partial choke?

Before you get a new carb, do yourself a favor...

While in Maintenance mode, at a low rpm... spray carb cleaner around the air box lid, intake tube, and all around the carb...
To me, it sounds like an air leak somewhere, and the carb cleaner may change the rpm's at the point of the air leak!

it may or may not work... but, as finicky as the Kawi engines are about their air/fuel mixture... it'll show you!
there's no harm in trying to find out if there's an air leak first... right?

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tip. I ran it in maint mode and sprayed the carb cleaner all around the air box, no change...sprayed around the carb, little better...sprayed around the air supply hose...big change. I looked harder and found a 3/4" cut on the backside of the hose. As a temp measure, I taped it up real good and drove it for 15 minutes....running great...Thanks a lot for the help.
Funny how critical this engine is on air/fuel ratio?
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

as long as you feel you did everything you could to eliminte all other possibilites i would replace carb and if you can afford the extra 40 bucks for the OEM i would go that route....and remember as long as your careful you can always return the carb if you have to .........craps this is what i hate but sometimes and i say this alot...............you just need to open the door and kick logic out it............get in tune with your gut feelings they don,t lie ..............when things don,t make sense and you get that gut feeling i always go with my gut feeling its 100% on....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car