lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Thoughts from installing my Trail Tech Striker

Yes, they sell different sizes of temp pickups, most of the Trail Tech ones are actually designed to go under a spark plug. Some smaller ones are sized to go under a head bolt. Alltrax has a better selection of these, but significantly more expensive than the TrailTech ones.

I use those exact same disconnects as Andy on my snowplow and tow truck jumper cables on my truck. I think I'd like to try something a little more clean.

I'm on the fence about an alarm. Most nights my kids have been driving around, and I'm not keen on having to go out and flip a hidden switch, or pull a disconnect, or something. Punching a button on a key fob and watching the cart lights flash sounds a lot better to me...
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
Hoof Hearted
Gone Wild

I understand.......

Since that "temp sensor" is just inductive it would seem you could reshape it or solder to it and maybe even fasten it under one of the field coil bolts on the side of the motor?

I would think you could run more than one and route them to a rotary switch to get heat readings from the controller and maybe even selected battery cables......don't know if voltage might be a problem though.
Hoof Hearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

On the one for my bike it replaces the washer on the spark plug.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
I understand.......

Since that "temp sensor" is just inductive it would seem you could reshape it or solder to it and maybe even fasten it under one of the field coil bolts on the side of the motor?

I would think you could run more than one and route them to a rotary switch to get heat readings from the controller and maybe even selected battery cables......don't know if voltage might be a problem though.
Ahh, don't get me started on those field coil bolts! I had a thread about that last week, I don't know if Club Cars don't have them, or just the ones in the Carryalls? But there are no field coil mounting bolts on my motor. I spoke with Alltrax about this, and they confirmed that my motor is a "can" type motor, and doesn't have them. They said the best alternative was to tape it to the motor housing.

I also thought several of the sensors would be handy, like you suggest. I'm finding my F-R switch wires getting hotter than anything else on the cart lately... Never thought of the rotary switch to toggle between them, though!

The Carryall motor:

Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: Thoughts from installing my Trail Tech Striker

Simple to install for power on/off… either with key interaction or voice recognition “power on/off” activation, works well with GPS tracking system. Part of the reason my spouse has “certified” me as “loony tunes” for all the “gadgets” installed on LSV.

http://www.mediatronicscorp.com/remote.html

Last edited by oconnorb; 06-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: spelling error
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Going to search threads on how to secure a golf cart now...
Check out my battery disconnect in the "what did you do to your EZ GO today" thread.

iPhone using Tapatalk
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
Check out my battery disconnect in the "what did you do to your EZ GO today" thread.
Hey, that's pretty interesting! What is the range of the remote battery disconnect? And can you provide a link to it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car