lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Solenoid or ???

OK, here's my situation. I have a '97 DS gas car. Late last season it started acting up on me. You'd be cruising along then all of a sudden you'd just lose the motor-almost like it was out of gas (it wasn't). Then it simply seemed to just go away and no problems-until now. It happened again and it seems worse than before. When you * just barely* touch the gas pedal it may or may not start. There seems to be a sweet spot where it will crank the motor.
But now, nothing. The battery is fully charged, the gas filter is fresh, the fuses are all good. Is this the symptom of a failed or failing solenoid? Someone mentioned to me that it may be the case. Before I go throwing parts at it I just wanted to check with the experts! Thanks for any help you can provide!
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid or ???

try jumping the large post on solenoid if it cranks over then its either solenoid or microswitch that activates it in the black box.....if it still dosn,t crank over check 10 amp fuse and starter brushes................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car