lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 Club Car

Just got A 1994 club car and want to know some of your opinions on it. It has a 206 briggs and stratton motor with a chain linked to the rear end. I want to know what you think of this motor. Is it enough to power the cart or do I need more. Don't really need to go but 25 MPH at the most. The body needs to be sanded, fixed, and painted. How are some of you fixing cuts or cracks in the cowlings? I'l upadet this thread as the progress continues.
surfhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 94 Club Car

what HP is the briggs? thats not a stock motor the cart comes with a 10 to 11 hp kawasaki motor in it and its not chain drive so someone modified this already.......i,m not a real body man so i,ll digress on that to the body men.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pics.... the motor is a 6 Hp motor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1284.JPG (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1285.JPG (48.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1286.JPG (59.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1287.JPG (50.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1288.JPG (41.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

wow only a 6hp, they went backwards i wonder why, i,m 100 sure its not stock so what are you wanting to do?..i,m betting they changed rearend also so if your wanting to get it back to stock your gonna need almost everything......engine, rearend/trans....clutches, exhaust....i,m not sure its gonna be worth it by time your done you can buy a whole cart already done......with that engine top speed might be 5 or 6 mph.......if you want an opinion sell it get what you can and buy yourself another cart, this set up is not worth throwing any money into .................................
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

How would I know if they change the rear end, It looks stock. The cart does about 15 MPH right now. Just want to get it going and looking good. Was doing some research on the Honda clone motors over at Harbor Frieght and found a 13 hp honda motor on craigslist for $200. I don't have access to a welder was hoping that I could mount a newer bigger motor on some mounts to the plate the prior owner installed.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

stock rearend wouldn,t have a gear for a chain unless they welded it to rearend but i have no clue why they dropped that motor in there and if its truely a 5 or 6 hp motor and cart is going 15 mph well thats real impressive since the stock 11 hp only does 15 or 16 if you get rid of the gov........if your gonna do a clone why not a 16 hp or bigger? its gonna be almost impossible to just find a motor you can drop in and be done with unless you buy an exact replacement for what you have in there now.........most of the time when guys do engine swaps there are other mods that have to go along with it like clutches belts mounts, exhaust...............for the life of me i can,t think why they put a chaindrive in it but i guarentee you its not stock or is the rear axle unless somehow they welded a sprocket to it cause they don,t come with sprockets......the carts are belt driven with a drive clutch and driven clutch.......you may want to post this in the big block forum those guys have way more know how than i do when it comes to swapping and modding the cart and they can point you in right direction........taking a closer look that rearend does look like a C.C. rearend other then the sprocket....is it bolted on or welded on can you tell?.....................
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

it looks like the stock rearend. they could of put a chain sprocket on the rear end instead of the stock driven clutch very easily it is a 1" shaft with a key slot just mount sprocket on with 1" bore on there with key in place, lock it in place with shaft collars, set screws or a taper lock bushing, or worst case, weld it...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

Found a 13hp Honda motor for 100 bucks, just needs a e start.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

Just an update. I ordered the driven clutch , drive clutch and a tappered adaptor. The clutches are OEM. I was told the adaptor has instructions on how to cut down the shaft. We'll see how it goes. I pulled almost everything of the cart and acid washed down the aluminum frame, it had really bad calium deposits on it. I'll post some pictures of it soon. Just need to start to work on and engine mount. I did see a mount under,"175 dollar special", don't know if it was custom made or store bought. I feel like I'm in over my head on this but am enjoying it to. Nice to learn as you go.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

Here what it looks like until the brown truck drops off some more goodies. Notice the the prior owner ran extenion cord from the ignition to the solenoid. Still need to order new bushings for the front and back. Thinking about changing out the shocks but they seem ok. ANY tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5287.jpg (171.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5288.jpg (170.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5289.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5290.jpg (181.0 KB, 0 views)

Tags
1994, club car, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car