lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 94 Club Car

Are you buying the 13 hp honda motor? I wouldn't recommend putting the stock cv clutches on that little engine you have now. Cv clutches by nature aren't very efficient and you lose a lot of power through them. Your previous mph with the chain set up will end up more like the 5mph that was mentioned in the previous post. If that engine can put out enough torque to even spin the clutches fast enough to work properly.
As for the body, if its fiberglass you can repair it with glass mat and resin. Then fill cracks with tiger hair or bondo. If its a plastic body you can use epoxy for repairing plastic bumpers or again fiberglass and resin
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
surfhunter
Not Yet Wild

I have a GX390 honda motor and pulled the little BS 6hp out. Who ever had the cart befoe me must of just been tinkering with it. I woulda liked to keep the chain drive set-up to keep as much speed as possible but could not find a clutch that would work. I reworked the GX390 to put out 5-7 more hp. The body is made or Armourflex, which is not that easy to work with and you can't just bondo them together, to much flexing. I'll be picking up a used body for 50 bucks which has no cracks.
surfhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
Copo427ss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Problems solved it sounds like. The make this automotive stuff called goop I believe. It's for plastic bumper repair. We use it at the shop to repair snowmobile cowls. Especially the ski doo hoods that are flimsy rubbery plastic. But with a new body and engine sounds like you have everything under control
Copo427ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1994, club car, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car