lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Compression Issues

adjust the valves I think it is .0004 on both.
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
1BADYAMAHA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks NOBUCKBUILD, i have removed the valve cover and the valves appear to be opening and closing. I even removed the exhaust valve and use emory cloth and lapping compound to clean the valve and the seat. I need to get my hands on a feeler quage however to check the valve adjustment. I will do this tomorrow and adjust if needed. I beleive the clearance should be .004 but I will verify before adjustment. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far, I truly appreciate it!
1BADYAMAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Did you ever solve your problem?
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
1BADYAMAHA
Not Yet Wild

No, same issue even after replacing rings, I am not sure however if I have the valves adjusted correctly, is there a manual or any literature to walk me through this?
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Turn engine to tdc, you will get compression and both valves stop moving. Adjust so you can just barely fit a .004 on tip of valve when adjuster is tight, if it has a lock nut as some don't. Rotate engine a couple times and check it again, that will fully seat the rockers/etc it may change and you have to set it again.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
1BADYAMAHA
Not Yet Wild

ok, valves adjusted, terminals cleaned, replaced rings and honed cylinder. Still the same thing, even with a new battery and starter/generator it still has a hard time turning the motor past the compression stroke. This is getting ridiculousI am tempted to buy a rebuilt motor and just be done with it
!!! If any one has any suggestions please help
Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, I read through all the posts and a couple other things to check that wasn't mentioned before, is to 1. make sure the V-belt between the starter and engine is not slipping. And 2. make sure the solenoid is able to pass high current without having excessive voltage drop. Also, I know you said the starter is new and all connections are clean and tight. So if that is true, and the solenoid is ok, then the battery health would be suspect. Try measuring the battery voltage before and during your attempt to crank the engine to see what the voltage is dropping to. If the voltage is dropping too far the battery may not be supplying sufficient current to crank the engine. Something must have been overlooked in previous tests/checks because this engine should crank !! Good luck, wish I could be more help, I know how frustrating this must be. - RAY.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

What size battery do you have?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha