lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Woodard095
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 yamaha golf cart surgeing

Hey, new to the forum found a lot of advice on here. I recently bought a yamaha g16 golf cart. It wouldn't run on top end so I bought a new carburetor after the float was found broke. Then it started shutting off after it got warm so I replaced the ignition coil and that didn't fix my problem. I've adjusted the valves, put new carburetor and ignition on it. And I put a new fuel filter. I'm out of options it will run fine for bout ten min then go to acting up. Any one know what it might be??
Woodard095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 yamaha golf cart surgeing

Might check that the pickup hose in the tank is not bottoming out in the tank. I recently cut mine off at a 45 degree angle just to make sure it was not a problem.

Take the fuel line off the carb and stick it in a jar and start it in neutral and check that it is pumping fuel good.

Chris
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Woodard095
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 yamaha golf cart surgeing

How much fuel should the pump be putting out? I also for got to mention i was working on it yesterday and in neutral it will rev up then it will loose some rpms. put in gear it will take off and after bout 300 ft it acts like its running out of fuel or floodin. I snatched off the fuel line and it seems to be pumping fine. I'm stumped, i've spent right at 500 bucks on it since last wensday an i still have gained on it.
Woodard095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha