lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #31
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Inside An MCOR 01-04 DS

Great thread!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #32
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Congrats on being Stickied!
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #33
Marshred
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks, just trying to help. The cart responds like it should now and I learned a great deal about this IQ system. It is really not that complicated if you step it out.
Marshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #34
Flipstick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshred View Post
Well, the POT looked great! A little dielectric grease on the carbon surface will fix it up. The main thing to watch for when putting this back together will be the fact that the saw Kerf is about 1/16 inch. This will tighten up the end play of the pot shaft when I put the lid back on. I can use some shim material if needed and RTV SEALANT between the lid and box. There you have it!
{{{warning}}} I would not remove the pot shaft. It has a pretty heavy return spring that would not be fun to put back into place.
My cart wouldn't move and solenoid would click on off. When ohming out the blue & green wire the cart would take off(meter was completing the circuit causing car to go) indicating switch is bad. I have taken my MCOR apart using a blade tip on my soldering iron and it worked pretty good. After removing the micro switch it is ohm out good. So off to put it back together. Now to find something to clean the pins and connector. Thanks for posting this its been a great help understanding this unit.
Flipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #35
lux blue
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Awesome tech here. Thanks!
lux blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #36
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had my MCOR apart today. I found out that the top just pops off. You just have to have a small screwdriver to wedge it under the lid and pry it off. Switch to a larger one when you get it started. There was a bit of some kind of sealer that they used. I scraped it off with a box cutter and the top popped right back on. I'm not going to glue it back but I am going to tape it just to make it waterproof.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #37
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I love DIY threads! I have a family member having similar issues, this is worth a try! Thanks for taking the time to document your findings.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #38
nelly1052
Getting Wild

Well you're not the only one that has been brave enough to take apart the MCOR. I was having intermittent problem with slow speed. I took it apart and just cleaned the contacts and slightly bent the contacts to make better contact. I may get that switch you changed out. Mine apparently was working but the contacts were the problem. Worked better after repair. I used epoxy glue for seal. Wish I used silicone to make it easier the next time I take it apart. Thanks for the info on the switch.
nelly1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #39
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

This might be a stupid question but, is the MCOR only on the late model CC DS's. Im not sure if I have one on my 89 CC DS.

Thanks
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #40
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwagon View Post
This might be a stupid question but, is the MCOR only on the late model CC DS's. Im not sure if I have one on my 89 CC DS.

Thanks
No MCOR for you. Those were on later model DS carts which were 48 volt starting in the early 2000s.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car