lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default 1991 ezgo loses spark

Hi guys,
Been a very long time since I have posted and needed advice. I am working on a friends '91 Ezgo cart that had a small fire for unknown reasons. I have replaced or repaired some wiring and I have the cart running. The problem is it only runs for about 30 seconds and shuts down with no spark. The coil tests out with proper resistance on both the primary and secondary sides. The pulsar tests out as well. Is there a way to test the igniter? Do they fail and cause this condition? Both the micro switches (F&R) and pedal are junk so clearly the fire damaged electrical components. Advice and counsel are appreciated.
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1991 ezgo loses spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
Hi guys,
Been a very long time since I have posted and needed advice. I am working on a friends '91 Ezgo cart that had a small fire for unknown reasons. I have replaced or repaired some wiring and I have the cart running. The problem is it only runs for about 30 seconds and shuts down with no spark. The coil tests out with proper resistance on both the primary and secondary sides. The pulsar tests out as well. Is there a way to test the igniter? Do they fail and cause this condition? Both the micro switches (F&R) and pedal are junk so clearly the fire damaged electrical components. Advice and counsel are appreciated.
Anyone?
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1991 ezgo loses spark

Do a complete testing of battery cables from battery posts to both engine and frame grounds. Use tester to make sure you are getting a solid 12 volts to everything. I would do that first. I have a 91 with 3pg and had a run/stop deal this last week and found I had a battery connection that just was not tight and was intermiten for running. Vibration could be causing the drop off of power any place the wires are not properly connected. Hope it works for you.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO