lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #101
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Default Re: G2/G9 Twins I've Inherited - Non-running

had a good three hours before the heat index went to 107F... just too hot for me out there.

I fixed my mess created to this point. The bracket, engine, v-pulley, clutch, and belts are on now.

My observations for this day:
1. I marvel that someone figured out how to make a product that has a thread on lid and when you invert it, has a connical shape to break open the safety seal. Marvelous.

2. I am in dismay that someone still makes a product with a thread on lid that requires you to go hunt up a pair of dykes so you can cut open the safety seal. Old school.

3. I should have enjoyed my youthful eyes more.. presbyopia as you get older and haven't worn glasses all your life is no fun.

4. High heat index causes sweat to rain down all over your face and onto everything you are working with.

5. I should get a small toolbox to keep my own set of useful tools so I don't spend 10 minutes looking for something to cut open packages or tubes.

Gonna upload pictures and post the morning progress.
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #102
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

What a bust ...
Storm blew up, lost electric, rained like heck

Here it is after 9 and finally got internet back.

I'll upload pictures manana.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:51 PM   #103
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Should be one spacer between carb and head, use the normal or one with pulse fitting as you need to. Just put larger nuts or something on if you need to space the studs.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #104
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What's going on with your build, any progress? hope you didn't give up on it..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #105
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

I'm still working on the wiring.

Had a week solid of rain and I grew weary of taking my tools out and putting them up to keep them from rusting.

I've got pictures to upload.

So far, I've removed over 6 foot of wire from the harness. I don't know what the redneck was doing that owned this before. I seriously have one section that is 4 different colors of various lengths with butt splices that don't hold.

I made a major u-turn.
The diagrams and info I was reading said I needed to keep the starter relay but said nothing about the solenoid.

So I removed the solenoid.

Then I realize about 3 days later that the terms are being used interchangeably. So today I put the solenoid back in but I'm not sure its wired correctly. Because, of course, I didn't take pictures before I removed it. Doh!

The ignition switch also had a busted wire (brown) that goes to a plug in the harness. Bad news was the plug end of the brown wire was only 1/2 inch long and had come out of the butt splice to the ignition. Dang. So I wound up putting a spade connector on it and running a new wire directly to the accelerator stop/start switch.

Which meant I had to remove the brake pedal. But I'm not going to buy a new iginition switch just yet. Wanted to make sure things work before I order more parts.

Past ten days the weather has been abnormally hot and humid. 98 to 104 F with the heat index between 106 to 114 F. Limits my time outside to early morning and late evening although the box fan helps some.

I did get frustrated about finding good source for replacement electrical wires 4 awg. After checking online, ordering catalogs, checking the auto parts places multiple times.... I stumbled on to the fact that any of the box auto parts places will make you cables of whatever length you want and whatever ends you want. I must have driven to town (50 mile round trip) 3 or 4 times in search of electrical solutions. Lol.

I have learned that I have a poor sense of judgement when it comes to cable lengths. I have to remove them and measure them or I get it wrong every time.

I'll put up pictures this afternoon.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #106
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

I haven't put up any pictures... why? because I live on the wrong side of the digital divide.
No internet service until 9 pm tonight.

Bedtime and finally they fix the tower repeater to my house radio. Jeeze
Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #107
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have to do the same thing, you can buy pre made battery cables that should work, the ones for cars. I have to take mine out and measure them and I'll post on here when I do. Have to get the engine back together first. I have a big crimper but I just don't feel like messing with them when its likely the same cost to get one ready to install.

You keep at it, don't be afraid to ask questions!

If you take the brake pedal off, put grease in there when you put it back on. Mine froze up on me twice, last time I drilled it out slightly larger so there was room for grease. And the only water that cart saw was washing it, though often since its run on dirt all the time. I also put a new spring on it, mine got so weak the pedal hardly came back up and now it works great again.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #108
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

like sho305 says, "don't be afraid to ask questions", we might be able to save you time and money, I know it takes some time for reply's but if you run into an issue, post it then try and work on another part of the cart until someone gets back to you.. by the way your doing a pretty good job..
Old 07-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #109
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

You guys are very generous in your praise.

I've removed about 15 foot of excess accessory electric lines patched in to the butchered wiring harness.

I've got the fuel system in but need to buy a 'tee' and deal with the muffler install.

I'm at the throttle installation stage now; but the tractor got water in the diesel and I've spent all morning draining the tank only to find that the fuel filter they sold me yesterday is too large. So, another 50 mile round trip to get the tractor working again. That means 100 miles and the cost of the filter... very expensive filter swap.

First fuel filter change, so once I get the correct size I'll put the box top in my records so I have it for the next swap.

Swinging by the estate to get some metal strapping to make a throttle tension bracket and I hope to get this thing gassed up and ready to try.

Probably too hot by the time I return, so I'll get to those photos and wait for the sun to get over behind the trees.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #110
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

you might want to look into amazon prime for the free 2/3 day shipping, might save you a buck or 2 in gas at least.. most of the time the prices are pretty good or at least ebay..

Tags
g2/g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha