lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Just joined the ranks of CC Gas

Just got a really nice AG2000.I need just a little more speed out of it.I DID read the sticky...but it confused me.

This cart is completely stock....no mods ever done.Is there a simple fix to get about 5 more MPH?

NO MORE SPARKIES FOR ME!
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Just joined the ranks of CC Gas

Do you have any plans for it like lift kit, bigger tires, rear seat, etc.? Is it gonna be a street cart, hunting cart, anything specific like that?

The quickest way for more speed is to adjust the governor a bit, or use the zip-tie mod on the governor cable.

Some things to consider for a cart of that age are wear of the clutches and drive belt. If the clutches aren't operating properly, or the drive belt is worn, it will be slower than it should be, and may not want to transition well when going from flats to hills, or will have trouble accelerating in general.
If the clutches have grooves in the sheaves or look wavy, they're pretty much worn out and will need to be replaced. Grooves in the sheaves will wear the belt funny and will cause erratic operation of the clutches.

Other things would be dirt or varnish in the carburetor, dirty fuel filters, dirty air filter, and a worn spark plug. A general tune-up does wonders for these.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #3
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Just joined the ranks of CC Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Do you have any plans for it like lift kit, bigger tires, rear seat, etc.? Is it gonna be a street cart, hunting cart, anything specific like that?

The quickest way for more speed is to adjust the governor a bit, or use the zip-tie mod on the governor cable.

Some things to consider for a cart of that age are wear of the clutches and drive belt. If the clutches aren't operating properly, or the drive belt is worn, it will be slower than it should be, and may not want to transition well when going from flats to hills, or will have trouble accelerating in general.
If the clutches have grooves in the sheaves or look wavy, they're pretty much worn out and will need to be replaced. Grooves in the sheaves will wear the belt funny and will cause erratic operation of the clutches.

Other things would be dirt or varnish in the carburetor, dirty fuel filters, dirty air filter, and a worn spark plug. A general tune-up does wonders for these.
Thanks much.Will try it.
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car