lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Starter Generator test, Need confirmation

Club car DS 2001, The starter generator starts cart fine. Does not charge.

I remove the small yellow wire from the small terminal, I think labeled D1, and connect that small terminal to ground or negative battery post and still only read battery voltage (12.6 or so) at the battery.

If I am understanding the test correctly, this can only be caused by a bad Starter Generator? Can someone confirm please, just want to be sure before I buy a new one.

PS: This SG came off another CC DS, it has never worked on this cart.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Starter Generator test, Need confirmation

That is correct. The terminal should be labeled DF I think. Ground the DF post to the SG frame or any ground, or battery negative, Run the engine at full RPM and voltage should climb up up over 15V. IF it stays the same there's a problem in the SG.

Remove the large green wire from the A post that it's connected to (which one varies by rotation direction of the SG). Then check for continuity of the DF terminal to F1 or F2 terminal.
If you have no continuity there is a break in the DF wire inside the SG. It may be repairable, and it if it is that will be a much better option than an aftermarket SG.

If you do have continuity it may just be a brush problem. New brushes are only like $40 and typically easy to replace.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car