lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Bullseye07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New to me cart questions

So I bought a 2012 Yamaha and it was delivered today. There’s a few issues I noticed now that I didn’t before.(1st time buyer here)

1. So there appears to be some issues with the steering. Every bump makes it get squirrelly and at speed can feel like you’ll roll. Something seems too loose. Is this something that just happens over time? Easy fix?

2. Cart is leaning to the drivers side somewhat. I’m assuming because that side gets more use. Would replacing the shock on that side fix it? Are you better off replacing both sides?

3. The rear wheels are sticking out wider than the front tires by a good 2-3”. Is this normal?

4. Gonna be loading it into the bed of my 2018 Chevy 1/2 ton. What ramps are people using?

If these have all been asked then I apologize. This newb just needs a little guidance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 728E346A-4CE8-447F-BCB2-D76D75A69F0A.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BEF2041B-B90E-4307-A7C4-AFEB2AA7C14A.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
Kwick66
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me cart questions

1. Check tie rods, make sure there is no slop. Have someone sit in the driver set and turn the steering wheel left to right while you are under the cart looking for loose steering and suspension components. That's a lot of additional height added to the cart, some instability will be normal after adding a lift and larger wheels/tires.
2.springs are probably tired on that side and have settled. take the shock off, and reinstall on opposite side. Are batteries centered on the platform?
3. Do all wheels have the same offset? That is strange. Do rear wheels have wheel spacers installed? My front track width is wider that the rear, which is normal when lifting the cart.
4. Long ramps and back up to a raised surface. My cart goes on a trailer, truck is way too high. Be cautious when loading, do not tilt the cart far enough to move the batteries, or cause the batteries to leak.
Kwick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha