lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default g2 primary sheave

searched and couldnt find anything that matched on here. attempting to break down the motor for a possible rebuild, but having issues removing the primary sheave (on the shaft, closest to the motor). i tried used a pulley puller, this didnt work...neither did using a hammer. we eventually ended up breaking the sheave itself which is ok since i can set one up on the lathe or just buy new.

but still, i cant remove the sheave itself to get to the crankcase cover to investigate further on rebuilding the motor.

any helpful tips on removing the sheave? is the shaft and primary sheave all one? thanks
svmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: g2 primary sheave

You need a clutch puller. > http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...ch-puller.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
im still waiting on my manual to come in. any clue on how this bolt works? may be a stupid question to some.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

The shaft end of the primary sheave has ID threads, the bolt uses those threads as you tighten to put pressure on the crankshaft and pop the sheave off. The crank shaft is short.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

got it. i appreciate the help and will proceed to buy a bolt puller.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

can someone tell us what thread pitch the bolt is, then a person with a lathe can make one.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
igolf4fun
Not Yet Wild

how about total length think that you can buy 3/4 inch screw with identical thread count along with steel bar...anyone have any DIY advice w/o buying the $40 tool for one-time use?
igolf4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

ya, just buy the tool and save yourself the headaches, this sucker is on there good, it's a tapered shaft,which means it's gona be suck on good.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had a machinist make one for me, but wonder where I put the print lol. The thread is metric. He used hex rod and left that for the head, it works like a charm. You can never touch the rest of the clutch to get them off, same for secondaries except those you can get off with a 3lb and hunk of 3/4 rod. Anyway, I found all the measurements on the net someplace. You can use a metric bolt and make the rod. I can look for the print but odds of finding it may be slim that was couple years back.

I think he used 3/4 hex stock and left about 1" for a head which was handy to use.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha