lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
gingerghicks
Not Yet Wild

Default Micro Switch Diagram???

Hi,

We just recently purchased a 98 Gas Club Car. It had been sitting up for a while. We cleaned out all the old gas and oil, changed the oil filter and cleaned the fuel system. First problem that we are having is that we are not quite sure if the micro switches are wired right. Does anyone have a COLOR CODED diagram? Also, not sure if this problem is related to the micro switches, but when the car is running, everything is fine until we press the gas. There is no pull until the engine recovers from almost stalling out and then it will attempt to go in the direction of what gear it is in but just doesn't have the gettup to do so.
gingerghicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Micro Switch Diagram???

Those carts are very finicky about having the air cleaner system fully intact and clean.... they won't hardy run with any modification or missing element of the system... hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
gingerghicks
Not Yet Wild

Saw on another thread that the muffler could be clogged. Could this be my problem too?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerghicks View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have a COLOR CODED diagram?
Here is one for a 97 DS, I don't have a 98.

Jimmie

Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
Chuckie
Getting Wild

Talking Re: Micro Switch Diagram???

First hand experience with what scottyb said I had a problem with my carryall that i had to switch a motor in it. When the motor was in the ds it ran great!!! Swapped it out and put it in my carryall and ran like crap. Had to choke it and just never really ran like it did in the ds. Come to find out? the air filter box lid wasn't on all the way in the swivel tabs. Fixed that haven't had a problem since. Everyone is right when they say these things are VERY sensitive to air fuel mixture. I learned my lesson with some extra $$$$$$$$$ spent foolishly. Site is great with info
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
gingerghicks
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Micro Switch Diagram???

OK, so you guys are GENIUS! I got the switches correct according to the diagram. THANKS! Sure enough, one of the clips wasn't in the lock position on the air filter box. AWESOME! I actually noticed a tiny bit of gas leaking from the fuel pump. SO I covered it and press the accelerator and away it went! So we drove it around a few times and it started to act out again. I checked under the seat and there is a fuel line that had come loose. It has a black bobber looking thing on one end that sits in the top of the gas tank and the other end has a small clamp looking thing. It is not the one that goes into the fuel pump, it is still in tact. Can't figure out where this goes. I assumed because of the clam that I would be looking for a small hose, but I don't see one. Thanks so much for everyone's help! This site has saved me a TON of headache! (And $$)
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerghicks View Post
OK, so you guys are GENIUS! I got the switches correct according to the diagram. THANKS! Sure enough, one of the clips wasn't in the lock position on the air filter box. AWESOME! I actually noticed a tiny bit of gas leaking from the fuel pump. SO I covered it and press the accelerator and away it went! So we drove it around a few times and it started to act out again. I checked under the seat and there is a fuel line that had come loose. It has a black bobber looking thing on one end that sits in the top of the gas tank and the other end has a small clamp looking thing. It is not the one that goes into the fuel pump, it is still in tact. Can't figure out where this goes. I assumed because of the clam that I would be looking for a small hose, but I don't see one. Thanks so much for everyone's help! This site has saved me a TON of headache! (And $$)

Thanks on behalf of all the folks here on your feedback. It's always such a pleasure to recieve a response from people who have solved a problem via advice from the knowledgeable people who haunt these forums.
Glad your cart is running properly and please don't be a stranger to the forum. Your experiences might well help others down the road.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #8
tc1680
Not Yet Wild

My club cart seems not to wont to start all the time. new battery, solenoid, seems most of the time reverse will work, but not all the time the forward will work. Nothing happens when you push gas pedal. You can keep trying ang eventually it will start. Think I could have some sort of switch going bad. maybe the reverse , forward switch. Its a gas cart.
tc1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:05 PM   #9
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Gingerchicks - The micro switches have no relation to what you are describing, best not to mess with them. You have a fuel delivery problem.
Is that line disconnected and hanging down the vacuum line coming off the engine going to the fuel pump? It will never run correctly if that is disconnected, it runs the fuel pump. Look down on the right lower side of the engine for a barb sticking out and reconnect it.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #10
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think they fixed it 9 years ago
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car