lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
carbondriver
Not Yet Wild

Location: 6 months in WA...that's Western Australia by the way, and 6 months in Sarasota, Fl
Default I want to buy carts in the US and ship them to Australia

First off, would like to say I have been nosing around the forum off and on for a few weeks and very impressed with the knowledge and support you all have in here. Can't praise you highly enough. Now, just in case you don't understand my jargon, I was born in Scotland, left the UK when I was 33 (1992) and have been in Australia since. Last year we bought a place in Florida and now enjoy summer in Oz followed by summer in Fl.

So here's my issue. Which cart is best for golf? We are looking for a cart to get us around, with say nice paint, cool wheels and maybe a few other bits and pieces you might suggest. Would like the speed upgrade and was thinking of CC Precedent about 2006/2007 vintage before clean up.

Have two thoughts; one do it ourselves, second, give the job to a builder in the Fl area we live in. We return to Fl mid April so that will be project one. We will then build a second to ship by container to Oz for our return end of Oct.

Now if all that looks good, we may sell the Oz cart before returning and do the whole thing again, maybe upping the ante to 6 or 10 carts to send to Oz.
Prices of carts in Oz will make your eyes water (probably think double), so I see a possibility to ship some in each year and pay for my flights back and forth.

Apologies for such a long opening post, but any thoughts on a sensible spec for a nice golf cart, issues to be aware off re sea freight of 6 weeks and corrossion, batteries, and of course the major one...why we shouldn't do it.
carbondriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I want to buy carts in the US and ship them to Australia

Welcome to BGW. I would be happy to supply you with any year / model Ezgo to your point of export. Of course we can do better on 10 than 1 .... My email is cartsunlimited@hughes.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

HELLO DOWN UNDER CARBONDRIVER I would make only a couple of suggestions. ( ONE ) is that being in Australia do you have access to batterys at a some what reasonable price? Reason being two fold shipping weight costs If you go quanity cart shipping, and worse yet possible leakage? Bulk shipping in Ship cargo containers would be best way? I say this as a few years ago I shipped a 1940's auto to Sweden with all extra parts cars and parts. The list of reqirements is long and all for good reasons, as my son in law operates cranes at Long Beach and has shown me how containers are loaded and unloaded? You would think they stay upright at all times WRONG? In my case by bolting cars down with "all thread" rods it worked out great and new owner was very pleased with results. Having been to Long Beach and Seattle container ship points I have seen how battery leakage damage causes huge costs and possibly now may not be allowed anymore? Not only to you container and contents, but those around it as well? Maybe answer to this problem would be GAS carts if no restrictions in Australia? Many courses in USA dont allow gas carts because of noise and smell ( GO GREEN YOU KNOW )?
The ( TWO ) is minor item. and that being that I would recommend getting 8 volt battery powered carts rather than out moded 12 battery powered.
( THIRD ) I would think that shipping from USA west coast would be less expensive, but of course you must check this and requirements carefully before doing anything? This would put you away from your cart supplier and needed repairs and cause you to ship across USA? There are several golf cart suppliers on west coast that I feel you could depend on for getting exactly what you are paying for. EXAMPLE FORUM SPONSOR SCOTTYB is near Long Beach shipping point. Check with nearest suppliers to Seattle or Long Beach, or San Fransico shipping points, and I would always check first with forum sponsors members nearest west coast, or Florida on east coast?
Hope this is some help in your endever?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
carbondriver
Not Yet Wild

Location: 6 months in WA...that's Western Australia by the way, and 6 months in Sarasota, Fl

Thanks for your responses and am emailing you directly scotty.

Has anyone any views on whether CC, EZGO or Yamaha are better for golf? In West Oz we mainly have CC and Yamaha, with Yamaha pretty strong.

Will look into the battery situation but suspect most retailers will fall into the rob 'em and run category.
carbondriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would think that your choice of cart brands would depend on what kind of dealer system and quality of service is available for each brand in your sales area? If Yamaha is seeming strong choice then thats what would be best as I assume a good dealership and or salesman? In my area of US it seems that CC is strongest with EZGO and then Yamaha.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

This is a lot of good advice. The specs on our 2007 EZGO PDS is about 550 pounds but the batteries can nearly double that weight. The greener a country the higher the price of batteries may be. This is why China is about to run circles around the US in building electric cars.

As a rule of thumb there is always a key reason or two why items seem so much more expensive in any country. Finding out those key reasons is important because they may be hard to overcome when importing.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo is recognized worldwide. It is the biggest name in golf carts. They sell more carts world wide than any of the others. Parts are no problem.
We can ship a crate of brake, steering, & suspension parts. People in the cart business know what you will need before you need it

I will be in touch ~ Thank you for the email.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Thats there slogan to. I didnt type that in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (20.4 KB, 2 views)
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Scotty's shipping division,

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Actually We are going by sea

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sea shipping.jpg (61.8 KB, 112 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car