lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 244 cc bottom end

How hard is it to get the case back together after putting new bearings in ? I was wondering if it is hard to pull together ? And if it is if anybody tryed freezing the crank so it would shrink up and slide together easyer ?
cowboy wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 244 cc bottom end

there seems to be more than one way. i seated the bearings in the case halves then inserted the crank and tapped around the outer edges of the cases where the bearings are with a brass hammer til the bolts grabbed. then using a criss-cross pattern tightened them up. woked for me. i do think the freezing idea is good tho.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It worked really well slid right together .
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

way to go. those little engines are fun to play with.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes they are . Have you ever done any high perforance mods on yours? Such as shaving the head or the jug or anything ?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

nothing modified, but with 22s and the engine not really broken in it ran 20. that's with a diamond plate body annd dump bed.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I have to agree with Jim, With a freshly rebuild motor, 22' tires and a short belt I get 20+mph on the level which is plenty fast enough especially for a cart with two small brake drums. I am not sure as to the return on investment with regards to extra power and I wonder is anyone has ever skimmed the head, overbored the cylinder, fitted a larger carburetor and modified the exhaust. I certainly would be interested to hear what the costs were and what the extra performance was.
Just another $0.02
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes Dave that would be interesting to see how much more power you could get . As far as carb i wouldnt know where to get one . I dont think the machine work would cost that much .
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

You're right the machine work should not be too expensive and if you have to rebore the cylinder anyway then why not go 25 or 50 oversize. EZGO used the larger BV24 carburetor on the 3PG engine as well as a modified exhaust. This gave an extra 20% increase in power (9 - 11 hp). However they also changed the design of the differential to a more efficient device so that will also have increased output. I think it would be an interesting project but as I said earlier maybe not such a good return on your investment. I guess this is why guys just drop in a big block. Hopefully someone who has race tuned the 2PG will come along and prove me wrong.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hopefully it will be awhile but i might do it he next time . As you no from our earlier post just rebiult mine back stock . I would say that if a guy done all that and raised the compression he might have to run race fuel . That is another exspence and it might not run good at lower rpms .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO